Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to stop interservice bar fights

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
The following bit is from a book by news journalist David Brinkley from his book Washington goes to war.
(The Casno Royal management had dealt with it so often before, ie*fights*
night after night,it had its plan to stop fights carefully worked out,put on paper and posted on a wall backstage under the heading
"TO STOP DISTURBANCE"
The plan was;
1) lower the house lights
2) turn the spotlight on a large American flag hanging from the ceiling;
3)start up an electric fan aimed at the flag,causing it to flutter;
4)have the band instantly stop playing dance music and strike up"TheStar Spangled Banner;
5)call in the military police and the navy's shore patrol.
It always worked,The soldiers and sailors stopped swinging at each other faced the flag and stood at attention while the band played.There was no way a uniformed military man in wartime could refuse to do this,however angry he was.
.Before the anthem was finished,the military police and shore patrol were walking up the steps from 14th street. (from David Binkley's Washington goes to war)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
...don't drink with your outfit's hellraisin' topkick 1st Sergeant,
who cannot wait to start a bar brawl with swabbies, jarheads, flyboys,
and British merchant sailors; even if the odds are eight-to-one.

All other times, try to negotiate. lol

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The Service Thing.

My father's sister married into an Annapolis family, dating from the 1880's. The men are very gentlemanly, almost elegant, but when other services are around, look out!:eek:

A friend of mine operates airshows, and through him, I've met a bunch of military. My favorite Act is the Leapfrogs (Navy Seals), wonderful guys until another service wanders by.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
I've met a bunch of military. My favorite Act is the Leapfrogs (Navy Seals), wonderful guys until another service wanders by.

...or you beat those beach bums at Jungle Rules Volleyball. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff