Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How true to size are Eastman B3 jackets?

Naphtali

Practically Family
I just disposed of a nearly new Cirrus RAF Irvin jacket MEDIUM because it was too small. I have an opportunity to buy new (but sold at retail) Eastman B3s, one labeled 40, one labeled 38/40. Price for either is extremely attractive. The differences between them are:

- Size 40 was made several years ago and does not have the distressed finish.

- Size 38/40 was made within the last two months and has the distressed finish.

- Sizing nomenclature.

I am 5 feet 9 inches, 145 pounds, and wear a 40 regular sport coat. Based upon [your] experience with Eastman B3 jackets, will either Eastman B3 fit me? Both??

JBeckers

New in Town
I'm a 38 and weigh about the same as you only i'm 6ft
Ordered their 38 of the b3 and it fits perfect
Eastman has an own sizing chart on their site, maybe you need to check it out.
Just measure your chest and look at the chart.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
I would contact Eastman for sure as they may have altered patterns with the advent of the "broken grain" leather series but from my personal experience their broken grain size 44R Rough Wear B-3 fits me perfectly. For reference, I have a 44" chest, 36" waist, and 35" shirt sleeves.

Best of luck in your quest.

Noel

Naphtali

Practically Family
I furnished ELC with my measurements. Mr. Eastman replied: "Yes, it would seem a size 40 would be the most appropriate size for you based on those dimensions."

I have bought the ELC B3 Rough Wear Redskin (circa 2007) size 40. I have about a dozen photographs of it and will follow-up this post with them when I reduce them to manageable byte counts. I gotta tell yuhs, after organizing the photographs for image editing to reduce their byte count, it appears to be a magnificent jacket, probably the best available version of the B3. I will not write that Eastman's B3 of this version is the best, merely that a B3 having vegetable tanned hides, two-piece back; non-distressed finish, hand dyed color, and in my size has every quality-of-materials-and-manufacture that can be obtained on a B3.
Tangentially, the seller still has a months-old ELC B3 size 38 available.

sbhva

Familiar Face
WhiskeyTangoFox said:
I would contact Eastman for sure as they may have altered patterns with the advent of the "broken grain" leather series but from my personal experience their broken grain size 44R Rough Wear B-3 fits me perfectly. For reference, I have a 44" chest, 36" waist, and 35" shirt sleeves.

Best of luck in your quest.

Noel

Noel;

Could you please take some measurements of your B-3 and post them? I think I would take the same size as yours, but I would like to make sure. These are the measurements I would like to see: pit to pit across the front, back length from base of collar to bottom of jacket, shoulder to shoulder across the back, and sleeve length from shoulder to cuff.

Also, any chance you could post some pics wearing it?

Thanks in advance.

Naphtali

Practically Family
Here is the B3 Rough Wear, Redskin, non-distressed jacket that is en route. And yes, I have more photos, but enough is enough.

SIZE-40-13a.jpg

SIZE-40-6a.jpg

SIZE-40-10a.jpg

SIZE-40-5a.jpg

SIZE-40-12a.jpg

SIZE-40-11a.jpg

SIZE-40-9a-2.jpg

SIZE-40-14a.jpg

SIZE40-4a.jpg

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Get the Larger size

Hi owned an Eastman B3 russet Brown, size 40, But I had to sell it because I grew out of it, Now i have a B3 from Cirrus, and the sheepskin on this one is really long, but it doesn't have the double leather straps on the collar, But it feels less Stiff and I can move better in it.

Naphtali

Practically Family
Hankh said:
Holy Cow! I know this guy. A lawyer and Major (Dutch Army reserve):)
Didn't tell me he'd moved to Montana.;)
I would never tell you that, even were it true. Louis stays; coat visits. . . . But I have invited him and family to flop at my place when they come to the states to visit his sister.

CmdrDante

New in Town
Alas i was to fast and to tall

Well, well. It just happened, that I bought the jacket. I'am a size 40 chest (101 cm) but the jacket doesn't fit me, as I am to tall, and my arms are to long, and my shoulders to broad.
So it is up for grabs.
I put it up on Eastmans hopepage yesterday, and got the first bid this morning.
The jacket is in super condition, no scars, wrinkles or anything.
The price will probably be around 450 £

Dante

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR