Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How we dress and what we drive

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Vehicles

I tend to agree with regard to attacks, trends and taking one's self too seriously. It's really funny sometimes.. I do however love my Jeep (J-LO) and one before that (unnamed-stolen) and one before that (The general). They suit me to a tee and go wherever I want to go. We don't call jeeps cars or trucks as they are somewhat unique, in their own funky way. For some people the vehicle they drive takes on a-bit more personality than mere transportation, rather like hats being viewed as a little more than something to keep your head dry. Anyhow.. It's all fun.. Ron

J-LO_Small.gif

eightbore said:
Amen! I like cars as much as the next person but I honestly don't see them as a reflection of my personality...or pretty much anyone else's for that matter, except to the degree that some cars MIGHT highlight the degree to which people are victims of commodity fetishism (eg. the silly SUV trend among soccer moms). I find the personal car related attacks on this thread almost as humorous as those who are genuinely offended that someone might not like their car or that someone might draw stupid conclusions about their personality on the basis of its style. :eusa_doh:

How can anyone make or take such attacks with a straight face?

JMHO,

eightbore

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Wha bah.. Hoo Rah

Firepower can be fun too.. hadn't had the mini out for a few years, but the 1100 Express with "a turkey tube" takes the clays right out of the sky! Ron

PS: Also relieves stress via the cheek, after about two boxes:eek: "jeep wave"

The Wingnut said:
It's a Jeep thing.

...you wouldn't understand.:D

carter

I'll Lock Up
BuddyJ said:
The P1800's sweeping lines are Italian.
volvo1800.gif

Going further back, the PV544 carries the design cues similar to many American classics.
5060808.001.1M.jpg

I wouldn't consider the Volvos to be lacking in style when compared to other cars in similar categories from their time. And in terms of sophistication, they were pretty advanced with unibody designs and safety features not normally found in other cars. Coupled with sturdy construction and ultra-reliable motors. . . well, there's a reason I'm a fan.

The Volvo P1800 was/is a BEAUTIFUL AUTOMOBILE!

I'm driving a 2003 red Thunderbird convertible and I like it a lot. Unlike some anemic two-seaters, this one has plenty of room and an 8 cylinder engine. Did I mention that it is red? With a red and black leather interior. It's a shy and demure vehicle.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I want a little bio-diesel pickup truck. Not one of the huuuuuge ones that I'd need to pole-vault into, lookin' at you, Dodge.

They need to bring El Caminos back.

Mark from Plano

One of the Regulars
I just bought a Toyota Prius about 2 months ago. I get about 45mpg commuting back and forth to work in Dallas traffic. It's really perfect for what I use it for and I'm perfectly comfortable with the message that it sends about me. :D

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Dallas

How's the traffic in Dallas these days? Ron

Mark from Plano said:
I just bought a Toyota Prius about 2 months ago. I get about 45mpg commuting back and forth to work in Dallas traffic. It's really perfect for what I use it for and I'm perfectly comfortable with the message that it sends about me. :D

Jovan

Suspended
Why would it send a bad message about you? I'd say lowering gas emissions is a good message to be sending, whether or not you're trying to be trendy. (And I know you aren't.)

It's kind of like all those charity wristbands -- whether or not you like how they look or the reasons for the people getting them, it goes towards a good cause.

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Well said

Well said... All to a good cause and good intent.. Ron

Jovan said:
Why would it send a bad message about you? I'd say lowering gas emissions is a good message to be sending, whether or not you're trying to be trendy. (And I know you aren't.)

It's kind of like all those charity wristbands -- whether or not you like how they look or the reasons for the people getting them, it goes towards a good cause.

eightbore

Suspended
Wow...

Nice to see your skills are improving. :eusa_clap

:D ;) :D

Seriously, I like your car too. My first ride was a 1965 Mercury Comet Cyclone (289ci 4 bbl carb) in basically that same color. I think the doors alone had more heft to them than any complete car made since 1980.

Best,

eightbore

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I love big cars. One of my previous classics (which, unfortunately, I never got on the road) was a '66 Lincoln Continental convertible. I would love to have a Lehman-Petersen Lincoln limousine.

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn