Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HPA has Lone Wolf Boots

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
alden405 said:
and then i went and ruined it by clicking on the price!
Happened to me too! Funny how that works
Seriously though, awsome looking boots, I'd snatch up a pair if I had that much to spare for sure!

Golden Earache

One of the Regulars
for the engineers boots you can get American made Wescos, made to your preferences for 2/3rds the price. They are every bit as good,plus they are rebuildable here.

the lone wolfs, though nice, are overrated IMO, and for the man with money to burn. I don't need a fire, I'll just insulate my wallet!

Burnsie

Golden Earache said:
for the engineers boots you can get American made Wescos, made to your preferences for 2/3rds the price. They are every bit as good,plus they are rebuildable here.

the lone wolfs, though nice, are overrated IMO, and for the man with money to burn. I don't need a fire, I'll just insulate my wallet!

The Wesco horsehide 40's repro engineers retail for $1200 - that's alot more than the Lone Wolf engineers, if we're comparing apples to apples.
How are they overrated? I've never seen/worn/handled a pair and would appreciate the feedback!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Burnsie said:
The Wesco horsehide 40's repro engineers retail for $1200 - that's alot more than the Lone Wolf engineers, if we're comparing apples to apples.
How are they overrated? I've never seen/worn/handled a pair and would appreciate the feedback!

I think their "Mechanic" boots they really resemble the Red Wing Gentleman Travelers although with Cat's Paw soles - which I am obsessed with!

edmond

Vendor
hi guys i own a couple of their boots

brown loggers with vibram lug soles
engineers black chromexel leather with half soles cats paw dotted
mechanic in black chromexel leather half soles cats paws
black and brown carpenters in full sole cats paws
brown and suede carpenters full sole cats paws

they are very very very well made... i think their made better than whites or wesco their quality control must be really really tough... im not sure where these are made but it says USA... so can anyone confirm????

again review is 9 1/2 stars out of ten for quality and craftsmanship

whites are at 8
wescos are at 8 1/2

for craftsmanship and quality control

Golden Earache

One of the Regulars
Burnsie said:

Well, we are not comparing apples to apples, since the LW's are not horsehide. If construction is better than the Wescos as Edmond implies then they may be worth it.

I personally have not handled them either, but I think you can still get as good a pair from Wesco, and you get to pick and choose leathers, shaft and heel heights, lined or unlined, buckles, straps - including #'s of straps, toes, soles etc.

It's up to you to decide. It is just personal opinion.

edmond

Vendor
btw the #'s im talking about is the craftsmanship of the boot the consistency of construction of the boots and the choice of leather

the customa options of wesco or whites is by far the best! ill give them 11 out of 10 stars on the options on their custom pairs!

for lw's im talking about rtw ones like off the rack boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass