Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hunting a buco j-100

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes you need room to breathe and you said your actual measurement is 100cm and you want a tight fit. A normal fitted jacket often has 2-inches built-in room which means a size 38 jacket is normally 40 inches wide around the chest. That not only accounts for breathing room, it also allows layering underneath. The J-100 is a racing shirt, so I want it to fit more like a shirt.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
can you ever find a snug fit while non restrictive in a classic pattern?
I guess anything snug fit must use gusset back to be non restrictive especially on the heavier hides.
I love smaller armhole though, it might be "restrictive" in feeling, but actually has higher mobility compared to bigger/lower armhole.

Blackadder

can you ever find a snug fit while non restrictive in a classic pattern?
I guess anything snug fit must use gusset back to be non restrictive especially on the heavier hides.
I love smaller armhole though, it might be "restrictive" in feeling, but actually has higher mobility compared to bigger/lower armhole.

The smaller armhole jacket is great but only if the jacket's shoulder width is spot on for you. The bigger armhole allows better movement even if the jacket shoulder is a bit too wide for you.

el_gato

Familiar Face
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 38, one more question though. My neck circumference is 41cm, will I be able to close the snap button?

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Is it just me or do the chest pockets look a little high on that jacket?

Thank the gods I didn't buy it. That would have driven me nuts once I noticed how far off the placement was. I thought they looked a bit high, but after doing a comparison, I see they are pretty far off. The only reason i didn't buy it is that I'm holding out for a shinki half belt or j100

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
since from what I see in fit photos here, very rarely the collar is snapped, probably it is cool if jacket maker would give an extra snap button cap for the right collar so both sides would show buco embossed cap when being left open.

Last edited:

Blackadder

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 38, one more question though. My neck circumference is 41cm, will I be able to close the snap button?

The colllar circumference of a size 38 is exactly 41cm snapped closed, so I think there is a problem.

el_gato

Familiar Face
since from what I see in fit photos here, very rarely the collar is snapped, probably it is cool if jacket maker would give an extra snap button cap for the right collar so both sides would show buco embossed cap when being left open.

Even if I don't snap closed, I'd appreciate if I could...

el_gato

Familiar Face
The colllar circumference of a size 38 is exactly 41cm snapped closed, so I think there is a problem.

This is so sad... Having to give up due to such a minor detail *sigh* You don't happen to know a trick to make the collar stretch just a tad? :D

Guess that means I'll have to go with a j-100 from Dave...?

Blackadder

This is so sad... Having to give up due to such a minor detail *sigh* You don't happen to know a trick to make the collar stretch just a tad? :D

Guess that means I'll have to go with a j-100 from Dave...?

Either try the size 40 or go for a custom jacket. Himel Kensington or Dave's

el_gato

Familiar Face
Either try the size 40 or go for a custom jacket. Himel Kensington or Dave's

I seem to have had a measuring mistake, remeasuring several times I get values in-between 39-40cm. How much room is needed for a comfortable fit around the neck?

Sorry for asking so many questions but buying a snug fitting jacket sight unseen is somewhat challenging.

Blackadder

I seem to have had a measuring mistake, remeasuring several times I get values in-between 39-40cm. How much room is needed for a comfortable fit around the neck?

Sorry for asking so many questions but buying a snug fitting jacket sight unseen is somewhat challenging.

Perhaps a better way is to measure the collar of your shirt?

ProteinNerd

Dave is making jackets based off your body measurements these days, I'm sure he would be able to accommodate whatever neck size you require.

My new shinki j100 from him is on the way. I'll definitely post pictures and my thoughts when it arrived

technovox

One Too Many
Dave is making jackets based off your body measurements these days, I'm sure he would be able to accommodate whatever neck size you require.

My new shinki j100 from him is on the way. I'll definitely post pictures and my thoughts when it arrived

Hey Protein,
I'm just a phone call away from ordering a J-100 from DD myself. But I've been holding off until your post.
So I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures...and hearing all about the process, your experience and your review!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab

What colour is this one? I'm interested in a brown one. I see the black is advertised on his page with no mention of brown availability.

ProteinNerd

This one is black (already have Aero board racer and cafe racer brown).

I've seen a brown shinki DD j100 posted here before a while ago.
Might be worth search for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails