Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hunting a buco j-100

el_gato

Familiar Face
Hey guys,
I'm currently hunting a real mccoys buco j-100 jacket in size 38. Anyone know a shop in europe that has one in stock?

Alternative suggestions are welcome. High quality simple board racer jacket with one piece back and no padding, no buckles etc wanted.

Kind regards

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
While the Board Racer is close it lacks the right collar configuration and the pockets and back are wrong. You could probably get Aero to modify the collar - they make a version that is more like the Buco for Thurston Bros.

Aero have some racers in stock too if you check out their website. Not sure about a 38.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm currently hunting a real mccoys buco j-100 jacket in size 38. Anyone know a shop in europe that has one in stock?

Real McCoys has a store in London, but I think they are out of 38s at the moment. I PM'd you two other options.

Himel's Kensington is a great alternative.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
How about a real one? I have a sz 40 steer J100 in cream ;)

As for a repro id do a Diamond Sportswar if I were buying one (quality to price ratio)

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Well, aren't you the charmer

A DD would still be cheaper and better than an RMC. My backup choice would be an Aero in Vicenza

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

I've got a DD in Shinki on order, should only be a week or two away now.....I'll post a review when it arrives.

@bretron There was a cream j100 on eBay size 40 just recently....yours?

bretron

Call Me a Cab
No but I'm hoping it sold for a song because I'm looking to part with mine :)

Btw hoping third time's the charm? ;)

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Seb,

Sorry just been dealing with a barrage of BS lately- in the real world and to a large extent on the interwebs. I'm rather edgy; pardon my taking it out on you

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That's cool. I once answered a post with some lengthy, "helpful" advice only to realize I was talking about the wrong jacket.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

el_gato

Familiar Face
Real McCoys has a store in London, but I think they are out of 38s at the moment. I PM'd you two other options.

Himel's Kensington is a great alternative.

contacted them. real deal doesn't have the appropriate size. Waiting for the other shop to reply.

Is the diamond j-100 comparable to the real mccoys quality wise?

Superfluous

Is the diamond j-100 comparable to the real mccoys quality wise?

As good or better.

Monitor: Have you compared the two jackets?

EG: The RMC is spectacular! The quality is second to none. Every detail is superlative. That said, I have heard very good things about DD's jackets. I do not have any first hand knowledge, but the word on the street is that DD does very good work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails