Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I bonded with a hat today...

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Well...I did it again. I bought another fedora today. This makes the second "classic" fedora style I have, and my very first truly vintage hat. I have been looking for a real vintage hat for a while, and it happened today. Probably won't be the last either (I'm watching a Stetson Deluxe on ebay right now).

Anyway, sometimes when I'm feeling kinda stressed about life or work or school, I head over to some of the antique shops in Abq. I rarely buy anything; just being around the furniture, toys, watches, whatever really just makes me feel better.

Anyway, I reached this hat rack, and hanging in the very back was this little brown fedora. I picked it up and tried it on; surprisingly my size, somewhere between a 7 and 7 1/8. I carried it around for a while, not really certain I was going to get it. Actually, I put it back with the intention of NOT getting it. Anyway, I felt so sad putting it back, for I thought it really did look good on me, and I know its odd, but i felt a slight bonding with it.

Anyways, here are some picture of it. It is a Rogers Peet Company hat, which I've never heard of. Now I have to research it and see what age it probably is.

fedorarpbrown1.jpg

fedorarpbrown4.jpg

fedorarpbrown5.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points