Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I DID buy this Stratoliner!

For feedback you may wish to wait until the new system has been implemented. I've used it in the UK, and it will allow you to be a lot more specific in your complaints. For example, you'll be able to give him a star amount for shipping speed and cost etc etc etc, while ripping him a new one on the whole deal.

bk

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
For feedback you may wish to wait until the new system has been implemented. I've used it in the UK, and it will allow you to be a lot more specific in your complaints. For example, you'll be able to give him a star amount for shipping speed and cost etc etc etc, while ripping him a new one on the whole deal.

bk

Excellent suggestion, BK!:eusa_clap

dean

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The last time I left feedback (within the past few days), I was given the option of leaving the more extensive feedback. You might see if it's not already an option for you.

PapaSimone said:
I am sure it is a newbie question but can someone explain the difference between a "royal stetson" and a stetson? I have a royal stetson that has been "aquanized." what does this mean? Does it have anything to do with Kwanzaa? A Kiwanis club?

The Royal Stetson was just a step up name idea of Stetson's. It made it sound like it was even better. It was in a few small ways but not all that noticeable.
Aquanized means it is water resistant. They treated their felts, like all manufacturers back then, to be as water proof as possible. From my experience, it worked very well. Try that with a modern Stetson---have a back up hat ready. :eusa_doh: ;)

Regards,

J

PapaSimone

Familiar Face
thanks James

jamespowers said:
The Royal Stetson was just a step up name idea of Stetson's. It made it sound like it was even better. It was in a few small ways but not all that noticeable.
Aquanized means it is water resistant. They treated their felts, like all manufacturers back then, to be as water proof as possible. From my experience, it worked very well. Try that with a modern Stetson---have a back up hat ready. :eusa_doh: ;)

Regards,

J
Thanks for the info James. My Stetson is from the 50's. I like the hat a lot but am nervous about wearing it in the rain. What do you think. Should I risk it? I mean, I guess that is what hats are for. Here is a picture.
487148138_8a7a6bea4e_m.jpg

PapaSimone said:
Thanks for the info James. My Stetson is from the 50's. I like the hat a lot but am nervous about wearing it in the rain. What do you think. Should I risk it? I mean, I guess that is what hats are for. Here is a picture.
487148138_8a7a6bea4e_m.jpg

It looks good on you. Wear it in the rain. That is what the manufacturer figured you would do. ;)
Just make sure to brush it to get all the dust and dirt off of it before you do. Dirt and dust become mud when water hits it. No use making a mess. A quick brushing will get rid of the dust and dirt. That is about all I would worry about. :D

Regards,

J

PapaSimone

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
It looks good on you. Wear it in the rain. That is what the manufacturer figured you would do. ;)
Just make sure to brush it to get all the dust and dirt off of it before you do. Dirt and dust become mud when water hits it. No use making a mess. A quick brushing will get rid of the dust and dirt. That is about all I would worry about. :D

Regards,

J

Dude! As a fellow Bay Area person you know that it hasn't rained for awhile and now I'm excited for rain. I usually pull out my serious beater hat (hole in the pinch, no lining so I've never known the make) when it rains but next time I'm going to try the Royal Stetson. I will let you know if if I have a limp brim afterwards (strictly speaking, no metaphor intended)!

Mark G

A-List Customer
I've worn my Stratoliner (from the late forties) in the rain for the last 12 years. There is no damage at all to the felt. I'm ten years younger and I can't say the same for myself.

mingoslim

Practically Family
I am glad you got the hat . . .

Tango Yankee said:
He'll get a neutral from me as soon as I figure out how to word it properly. I do think that he initially made a mistake in not making sure the first auction was down (the wording of the second one referencing the first one helps with that impression) but his handling of the situation after that sucked. In the end I did get the hat in good shape. I do expect retalitory feedback since he's not posted any yet.
And it is a beauty. I have not seen one as nice in a long time.
But I still think the seller should be roasted slowly over an open flame :)

PapaSimone said:
Dude! As a fellow Bay Area person you know that it hasn't rained for awhile and now I'm excited for rain. I usually pull out my serious beater hat (hole in the pinch, no lining so I've never known the make) when it rains but next time I'm going to try the Royal Stetson. I will let you know if if I have a limp brim afterwards (strictly speaking, no metaphor intended)!

If it gets a limp brim, I will pay for reblocking. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran