Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I DID buy this Stratoliner!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Well, after all that trial and tribulation, my Strat is here. I took some quick photos of it today, but I don't think they do it justice. The color of the bound edge just doesn't photograph well. First, here's the Douglas pose:

Stratoliner6.jpg

On second thought, the colors are pretty good in that photo.

Here's the liner. This photo is the closest to true colors, I think, including the edge. (I've noticed that occurs in auction photos as well, where the seller notes the photo of the liner/underside of the brim shows the color best. Wonder why?)

Stratoliner10.jpg

It was "Designed for Young's New York" with a "Kushon-Fit." I wonder if the colors of the felt, ribbon, and edge binding were specified by Young's or a customer? The sweat, indeed everything about the hat, seems brand-new.

Stratoliner11.jpg

The Stetson Stratoliner logo:

Stratoliner13.jpg

A classic arm holding the hat out view. The ribbon is slightly darker than the edging.

Stratoliner9.jpg

The edge, though it's not as orange as in this photo:

Stratoliner2.jpg

And one more with me wearing it:

Stratoliner5.jpg

Dimensions to follow.

I bought a Statoliner hat box in great condition in a different auction. I didn't realize that they were so... oval. I thought it was just the camera angle. The brim would have to be turned up on the sides to fit inside the box. Oh, well...

Thanks again for the support, everyone!

Cheers,
Tom

S

Samsa

Glad that you finally received your hat! It suits you well. :eusa_clap

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
And so the rest of the stor. Amazing hat!

And THANK YOU for answering the Great Box Mystery! I have a Stratoliner box, and could never figure out how any hat could fit in there. I use it to stash stationery.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Tom -- that is an absolutely killer lid!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Very distinctive and in mint condition. Looks great on you, too. Wow!!! For all of the trials and tribulation, it was well worth it in the end...Congrats!

Cheers,
JtL

Razzman

One Too Many
A mighty fine looking hat. All is well that ends well. Good luck with the hat, it looks great on you. Congratulations.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is a beauty! I very glad it worked out in your favor. Great color!!:eusa_clap

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
I can see why you didn't want to give up on this one. That is a great looking hat. I'm glad that things turned out well in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany