Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I. Foster & Sons

rocki

New in Town
44FEAAE9-C0C7-415E-86DD-ECF8FBBEB0E3.jpeg
Came across a vintage cafe leather jacket recently made by I. Foster and Sons, seller claims it to be goat leather and made by Irvin Foster after he split off from his brother LW Foster. Was wondering if anyone knew a little bit more about these, did some light searching here and found some info on G-1 jackets, but not their leather work.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I bought this same jacket on eBay in size 44, and sold it because it was too big. Not very impressed with the leather; I don't think it was goat.

rocki

New in Town
Thanks, this one is listed as a 46 and it looks t run big by their measurements. Hadn’t seen the brand before and figured I’d ask around!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I had a similar jacket by I.Foster in a different style. These are 60/70s Top Gear jackets. Probably near the end of their production. Did not know LW and I. Foster were brothers. The LW Foster seem to older.

I think these Top Gear jackets are cow not Goat.

I have several I. Foster jackets in this classified Thread.

I. Foster used Horsehide, Cowhide and Goatskin. They used labels like this to indicate the animal. At some point they did not do this.

DSC07676.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
I used to own a tan goatskin trucker from Top Gear by I. Foster and Sons. It was an amazing jacket and I deeply regret selling it. Nothing really spectacular that stood out about the jacket, it was just really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112