Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got an Irvin and its too small, help me choose a right size.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Can you and aero your measurements and get them to do the work? They are generally pretty good. I wonder if diff companies have different cuts or more generous sizing?

Offcourse Aero got my info before I grabbed the jacket but its not always easy to do the guesswork.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Not really sure about the size Im afraid the Tag on the inside was a phony one dated 1941 installed by someone looking to make more money on the jacket.

The size of this one is defiently at LEAST a 44, Im pretty sure its Bigger than that though..Look at the sleeves!!!

you guys are the experts, and maybe you can tell me more about this one, It got goobered and smells a little fishy too, Im afraid to saddle soap it because Its fragile unfortunately, the back is a little dry rotted and patched under the collar and one side of the leather under the collar is missing, and the belt is completely busted etc etc...

the Original zipper is long gone, and the wartime crown replacement broke down ages ago.

Just to give you an idea of a Larger fitting irvin on a guy whos roughly the same size and build as you are.

However there ya go! I LOVE how this one fits me, let me know if this helps, Apologies I dont know what size it truly is.

size BIG!!! I likes my Jackets how I likes my Ladies!

By the way, you remind me very much of a Drummer I used to play in a band with!!!

My dad playd the drums and he looks like me so there is alot of "us" out there :D:D

I want to thank you for the pics and informative posts. Looking at your jacket I dont think its that much oversized. Mine is tight and the shoulders are already below some on mine so there is noway to make it look like a snug fit. And my arms are almost good on mine and its too small so if it scales they would end up be a little long on a good fitting jacket.

Could you tell me your chest measures and perhaps the pit-to pit on that jacket if you have the time?

And offcourse I will have to speak to Aero about it, I have already talked to them about exchanging it but wanted some inputs from you guys also. :)

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Cool, Thats very weird your Dads a Drummer, because the Drummer you remind of...HIS father was also also a Drummer too!

Give me a few Days, I will take some measurements of my Jacket for you etc.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Ok, Please give me a day or more to post some pics of the measurement of my Irvin Jacket.
It is well stowed and hidden away and takes some furniture moving to get to it.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Jacket Length

Apologies for taking awhile, My Grandmother Passed away, and her memorial was a long distance.

These might not be the Greatest Photos, anyway. Let me know if this helps you or not.

-Jules

Attachments

• 332.jpg
    332.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 160

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member