Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i need a date!!! :(

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
hey,

as i know that this is probably pathetic and will never work, im in need for a date to a hangar dance in ft worth.

i know this is not a dating site, but i thought id at least give it a shot. im waiting (and melting) in this hot summer texas heat dreaming and planning for october, which happens to be always full of airshows and hangar dances. the particular hangar dance i am referring to is the Vintage Flying Museums annual big band hangar dance in Ft worth on October 15th

im planning to wear my RAF uniform to the dance, weather considered. but the problem i face is no one to go with :eusa_doh: and i really want someone i can go with that is into some of the same things i am into.

just thought id ask in anticipation!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

The vintage population of DFW isn't exactly as big as one of DFW's high schools, so in most ways, this is the place to ask that question. HEEEEE probably doesn't have anything for a girl / lady to wear to a hanger dance so if some one would like to go with him, they'll be wearing their own clothes. Using FL to get a date might be regarded as pathetic, but asking about a 1940's hanger dance on a 1940's era website is a lot more "on topic".

Later

MikePotts

Practically Family
One never knows if one of our number may have a young lady relative in the Metroplex who'd love to go to the dance, good idea Raider........hell, I'll take her Mom!

MP

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
Find someone who is not necessarily into vintage, but is open minded to know more about it. Might work.

What exactly is a hangar dance? I have an idea but never heard of one before!!

MikePotts

Practically Family
Find someone who is not necessarily into vintage, but is open minded to know more about it. Might work.

What exactly is a hangar dance? I have an idea but never heard of one before!!

Kind of a Glenn Miller revival in a, well...hangar, we have them in Fredericksburg, at the airstrip from time to time - well attended I believe.
MP

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
hey,

as i know that this is probably pathetic and will never work, im in need for a date to a hangar dance in ft worth.

i know this is not a dating site, but i thought id at least give it a shot. im waiting (and melting) in this hot summer texas heat dreaming and planning for october, which happens to be always full of airshows and hangar dances. the particular hangar dance i am referring to is the Vintage Flying Museums annual big band hangar dance in Ft worth on October 15th

im planning to wear my RAF uniform to the dance, weather considered. but the problem i face is no one to go with :eusa_doh: and i really want someone i can go with that is into some of the same things i am into.

just thought id ask in anticipation!

The event sounds like a lot of fun. I would go with you to keep you company, but I live too far away! :( Don't give up though. You'll find somebody. :) I'm in a similar boat. There's many dance events that I would like to go to too, but alas no one to go with. If I went, I'd probably end up being a wallflower (enjoying the music and watching the people dancing). You know, I just thought of something. Do you have any buddies that would like to go with you? You can go together and maybe meet people there. You're cute, so I don't think you'll have a problem getting someone's attention. :D

rotebander

New in Town
Aw, if only I wasn't so far away and I wasn't so young! It sounds like so much fun, too! Oh well. I'd love to see the drag idea play out, though. Take pictures!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Heck, if I was a pretty young thing in the US of A I'd be there in a flash, as it is I'm a fat old broad in the UK. But you're delish and will have no trouble finding a gal.
Can't some nice USAAF reenactors take you under their wing and you won't feel so alone?

K

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
We'll be there (as every other year), but I'm hitched. Not to mention far too old for you. :D

There is definitely no shortage of assorted cute young females in 1940s attire at that dance. That much I can assure you.

Last edited:

george

New in Town
Raider, if no one you know stands out as someone you want to take to the dance, I say either try to find other guys who will also dress RAF (or even better, USAAF, you could stand out in your company better that way) and go in their group, or just go stag.

If you go in a group you've got company who you almost certainly share common interests with, and you won't "feel alone." Depending on your personality you might also be more at ease and more inclined to conversation with others guests, just because you're in with some company of your own.

If you go stag, sure, you go alone, but you're also totally free to mingle as you like. As fortworthgal says above, you're sure to find plenty of girls at the event itself, and if you go alone you're free to talk to them all you want without fear of breaking company with whoever you came with.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread they'd probably be a wallflower at these kinds of events, sitting and listening to music and watching the dancers. And there are plenty of people like that at every dance, at least ones I've been to, even though they weren't vintage events. They all have different reasons: either they say they don't have a date, they just can't dance, they're watching their friend's things or whatever else. So know this: no matter the excuse, a wallflower is a wallflower, mate. If you go stag, think of it as your job to make those girls forget that they're wallflowers, at least for a little while ;)

What I'm trying to say is, just go, date or no date. You've got nothing to lose. And don't forget, this is America. Land of opportunity and all that, yeah? So, go, and maybe you'll end up having more friends when it's over than you had when it started--play your cards right and perhaps you'll even have more phone numbers lol

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
By George I think that's it! (Sorry, had to.)

That is a really good point though. I rarely if ever took a date to the dances I frequented in my youth, I never had a lack for partners. If you're still planning on going Doolittle...I'll check my schedule and see if I can't bounce over and see what's what. I'll even dress out in my fathers old Army uniform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24