Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need some strange help

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I was looking for classic type picture from comics pulps and serials: a person tied to a chair that the hero has to save (sometimes, as in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, the hero is tied to the chair).
I've seen that scene in countless cliffhangers, Captain Marvel comics, and pulp magazines. I can't however find a picture like that on the internet or in my books. I found a surprising amout of people tied to rockets and until I put on Safe Search other unusual pictures.:eek:
Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Well…

[huh] All males, it seems:

s15b.jpg

raz_tied2.jpg

93981778_cca7fcf466_m.jpg

Warehouse_scene_shot.jpg

amatr19.jpg

L'arm?©e des ombres (Army in the Shadows, 1969, set in '42):

army%20in%20the%20shadows%204%20col_rgb.jpg

army%20in%20the%20shadows%20col%202_rgb.jpg

and Houdini:

rope2.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Wow, quick responses

Thanks everyone.
Mr. Cohen, I really enjoyed the "funny animal" one, possibly due to my nickname.
Feraud, that is the type I had in mind. You have the bad guy, the hero and damsel in distress. I would like to find more to work with as references for an original painting.

Thanks sincerely,
The Wolf

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Cohen, most of the pictires came up as boxes with red Xs but thanks for the link.
Jitterbugdoll, I was able to find that Suspense Detective cover and that is approximately what I'm looking for. Most pictures from the comics and pulps have the person bound and gagged on the floor and a surprising amount of women tied to props of planes.:eek:

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cousin Hepcat said:
Thanks LD, that book's gonna look Great on my coffee table when the copy I just ordered arrives :eusa_clap

Swing High,
- C H

lol
Glad I could help CH!

LD

FYI THe Wolf, the book is way more true Noir than pulp. No bondage to speak of. Plenty of guns and shifty eyed fellas tho.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, LD. I saw the book at the library.
Even if it isn't what I was looking for with this project it is a great book for any Lounger!
As always, I appreciate everybody's help.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I just realized that I had better explain

Before y'all start wondering about my fetishes.
I am designing a pulp cover. The lady is tied in a chair to the left of the picture, the hero is untying hero while the villain comes up behind to stab him. The picture is set up so she can see the man with knife but the hero can't because his back is to the villain.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart