Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need you to rate my outfit for tonight, please

catchascatchcan

New in Town
I have to go study right now, so I'll keep this short. I'm going to a party tonight, a hat party that is. The only hat that I own is a brown biltmore fedora that I ordered on ebay a few days ago. I've only recently started to build my wardrobe, so I'm limited in fancy clothing right now. My outfit for tonight consists of:

1. white button down shirt
2. forest green knitted tie
3. plaid brown/tan pendleton blazer
4. polished johnston and murphy oxfords, brown
5. Here is where I'm having the most trouble-pants. Seeing as that I'm college, I've taken a liking to wearing jeans with semi-formal tops and I plan to wear a pair tonight. However, I don't know if it would be better to wear blue or khaki jeans with the above.

So, if you may, give me your opinion of my outfit and suggests as to whether I should wear blue or khaki jeans. This one is important to me, there might be a girl that I like over there.

Check out the link for a picture of what I'm wearing

zacariasd

cptjeff

Practically Family
4spurs said:
go with the blue jeans, light jacket goes with dark pants, same in reverse

That's not a requirement. The idea is contrast- but he'll get plenty of contrast with the plain colored jeans and the heavy pattern on the jacket.

Either would work. I would probably go with the tan myself.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Paisley said:
I find that I just have to try things on, no matter how well they go together in my mind.
I'll sometimes lay clothes out on a bed or table à la Paul Stuart to get an idea.

paul-stuart.jpg

page19.jpg

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
That helps, but sometimes, I find that a shirt is too blousy to go with a particular pair of pants, or a sweater is too snug for a particular shirt.

Bingles

A-List Customer
I'd go with the blue jeans.. you don't want to be too monotone by having so much brown in you. The blue would be a nice contrast (at least to me).

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Not sure what you mean by khaki jeans, but either pair of blue jeans should be fine. Maybe with that light jacket the dark jeans would be better. If it was me, I'd wearing dark brown corduroys.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Paisley said:
That helps, but sometimes, I find that a shirt is too blousy to go with a particular pair of pants, or a sweater is too snug for a particular shirt.
Yes, I can see where it would work better with menswear as your wardrobe consists of more varied styles and cuts. It's tough being a chick...........;)

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I know it's stealing another's thread, but since I announced my departure from the lounge I don't want to start a new thread.

In two weeks it will be exactly a year since I met my mol. For the occaision we plan to have a picnic in the park (weather permitting of course), since that's exactly what we did last year. I could wear the exact suit and tie I wore last year but I wanted something more appropriate for warm weather than a black suit. I'm contemplating this outift:
113750.jpg

I'm not worried about the hat, jacket, shirt or tie. It's the waistcoat I'm not so sure about. Does it work with the colours in the outfit or would I be better to leave it out?

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Caity Lynn said:
my two cents: I'd say go with the khaki :)
Me too.
Monochrome is not so bad if you light it up with a colored tie.
But I dislike the bluejeans with white shirt and blazer kombi in general.

Of course my answer is to late for your party and very subjective. But maybe for teh next time.

avedwards said:
Does it work with the colours in the outfit or would I be better to leave it out?
I think it works very well with the hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda