Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need your opinion on a jacket

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
He just answers the question. Quick yet informative. Even on Sundays, he responds quickly.

You want to feel like the center of the universe when contacting a maker, all hugs and kisses, which usually is BS anyways, LW will give you blue balls.
Obviously, a chance that i don't want to feel like the center of the universe

Obviously, a chance that i don't want to feel like the center of the universe

More of a general comment, certainly not aimed at you. I think you will like the jacket, especially at that price. My LW Trojan just came in mail and I am quite happy.

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
More of a general comment, certainly not aimed at you. I think you will like the jacket, especially at that price. My LW Trojan just came in mail and I am quite happy.
I'm pretty sure i will like it :p
Hopefully it will fit

Do you have a picture of your LW trojan?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I tend to agree with the responses above. I called Stuart when I ordered my LW J23 (Which incidentially, is on it's 4th owner, all in these forums). Calling from France would not be nearly as easy and probably pretty expensive. Truth is with few "hard" measurements and a 10 minuite phone call, he had me all sorted and my J23 fit to a "Tee."

Had I re-thought and done it better the first time (all my own mistakes) I would have ordered it with different lining (not the Quilted - upcharge) and 3,5 oz Horsehide instead of 4.0. He ws quite helpful, but overall I would say the "knockoffs" and "imitations" have really hit him hard.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
stu is very straight forward in his mails, but i wouldnt hold that against him. hes no great fan of lengthy and time-intense mail exchanges, i guess. try to call him, i heard he's much nicer to talk to in person.
My experience as well. Emails are always very short into the point. He is quick to respond to questions as JMax pointed out, But that response may be no more than a simple yes or no. I have spoken to him on the phone two or three times now and he is nicer to deal with this way, although he is still pretty direct without a lot of small talk.
When communicating with him directly, either through email or phone call, there is no hint of the silliness or bias displayed on his website. As the owner of two of his jackets (and with a third one on the way) I can say that Lost World makes a great jacket and I would recommend them to anyone.

I'm pretty sure i will like it :p
Hopefully it will fit

Do you have a picture of your LW trojan?

I will post some soon but I posted some pics taken by the seller in the “what jacket do you have coming” thread.

Amazing jacket

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
Yeah i've read very nice things about their jackets, even if the guy seems a bit special this should not stop me from ordering one some day
Sadly quality come at high price, right now i could afford one but i'm not sure it would be reasonnable ^^"
Also i'm annoyed by the idea of paying 400e of custom fees :(

Btw, i've been very weak and bought another jacket from japan in the meantime, a harley davidson horsehide trojan size L, i'll keep the one that fit the best (if one of them fit at all)
405e + shipping so around 450e i think, i don't know if i payed too much but i fell in love with it
Sans titre.png
fdfdfd.png

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
So no customs fees on a jacket from Japan but 400 euro customs fee on a jacket from US?
No, cause i declare it at lower value, sure there is a risk if it get lost but i'm ok with that
Once i declared a 3000e packet at 100e, all went well, i paid something like 50e of custom fees

Blackadder

What I don't get is what is "not recommended" considering the price. It would still be a thoughtless if he hasn't been told the price. Is a sample from their early days so bad that it isn't worth 210 Euros today? I wonder how much they sold it for back in the days.
Anyway, I think it is a great jacket and it looks quite close to the thick HH they currently offer as opposed to the thin leather on those deadstock that were offered on ebay a few months back. Those deadstock were also seriously undersized. Given his habit of writing straight forward email, I guess he must be really concerned when he deems it necessary to write such a lengthy page of disclaimer and comment on his site.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
The main zip is crap and looks to have been changed, notice how it doesn't go to the end of the lapel. Also the jacket looks a little off to me.

I have owned a couple of those early jackets that I purchased for my wife and daughter and the leather was very light weight. They were ok but let them go years ago as neither of the ladies liked the fit.

Stu is alright just to the point. I have dealt with him for over twenty years and never had an issue with him or his jackets.

By the way that Harley Trojan from Japan is gorgeous!

These RMC HD jackets are possibly, without an exception, the most stunning cross zips I've ever seen. I don't know when did these even happen, seem to be older jackets and they always cost way too much but... I don't think you can find a better jacket than that.

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
I didn't see the detail about the zipper but you are right, i will probably have to replace it
Once in my hands i'll see what to do

Thanks for the harley, it looks beautiful, i like the shiny finish on the leather
How can i know who made it?

Blackadder

These RMC HD jackets are possibly, without an exception, the most stunning cross zips I've ever seen. I don't know when did these even happen, seem to be older jackets and they always cost way too much but... I don't think you can find a better jacket than that.
I am afraid that is not a RMC HD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points