Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I THOUGHT I bought this Stratoliner

astaire

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic: what do you suggest i do if i bought an old Remington typewriter from a seller with 0 feedback and doesn't take paypal?

I just realised he/she do not have paypal after i won the item. I know i should have been more careful. :eusa_doh:

What to do guys to make sure i won't get suckered?

First, send a personal check via registered mail, certified, return-receipt, yada-yada. He has to sign for the check, then when he cashes it the activity is recorded by the bank. No merch, you then have evidence and clear case for federal-felony MAIL FRAUD.

Be ready to lawyer-up, just in case.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whatever makes you think Paypal offers more protection than
any other form of payment? Some of my worst eBay experiences
have included Paypal payment. Yes, you can verify that the
seller was paid. But if the item is not up to snuff or there is
any other funny business, Paypal won't return your money or
help you in any way. It's just more eBay bureaucracy.
Don't buy their hype.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
The Strat is here!

And it is gorgeous! I'm going out of town in the morning so it'll be a couple of days before I can post pictures. It's a chocolate brown. The ribbon and edging colors are hard to describe, but aren't the orangish color they appear in the auction photos. I also obtained via eBay a Stratoliner hat box for it.

Still working on how to word the feedback... there's only so much you can put into 80 characters! So far considering this which is right at 80: "Ran 2 auctions 1 item in error-had to contact eBay b-4 he honored first auction"

I still think that there should be more room for comments. Most wouldn't use it, but for those in odd situations like this it would be nice.

Cheers,
Tom

mikepara

Practically Family
Just a warning...

I've just recently had to claim money back through the Paypal Protection system. I paid £37.00 total for an item I never got.:mad: Usual non answering of e-mails etc I claimed my money back through the site. There was no answer on the despute from the seller. I eventually won my case! Paypal was 'sorry 'but it could only refund £17.00 and would persue the seller for the rest. I never got it and don't think I ever will. I suppose that's £17.00 better than nothing but it sickens me.:rage:

I used my paypal balance. If I'd used my credit card I would have been able to do a charge back, but I don't suppose they are free. Trouble is if you don't offer PP no one bids.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Glad to hear you got the lid finally, and he's probably happy to be rid of it. Hope to see the pictures when you get back, sounds like the pictures from the auction didn't do it any justice. Congratulations!:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats