Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I THOUGHT I bought this Stratoliner

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Last night I won a brown Stratoliner on eBay. Razzman, who was outbid by the guy I outbid, sent me a heads-up to tell me that it has been relisted.

Apparently the seller felt that he didn't make enough on the sale, so he's relisted it with a $165 minimum bid. :rage:

I had sent the seller a request for payment information but he hasn't responded. I've just sent him additional emails asking what the heck is going on. I'll let you know if I hear from him. I I don't hear from him by tomorrow I'll be contacting eBay fraud about it.

This is the first time I've had a major problem with buying on eBay. It is quite annoying, to say the least.

Cheers,
Tom

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You need to report him to ebay quickly.

Edit: I just asked the seller if this was the same hat or a second one since the auction used the same pictures as the other one.

Razzman

One Too Many
I emailed this seller early this afternoon asking what the deal with this hat was. No reply as of this hour.
It was bid on by at least four FL members including myself. Here is the new listing, look at what he claims: only two bidders, and he didn't want the ebay community to miss this one. It's the same hat basically the same pictures too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=110119645908&rd=1&rd=1

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Tango Yankee, this seller has committed a mortal violation of eBay policy. If you take it to eBay, they will terminate the seller's account and ban him permanently from the site -- period.

Therefore, all the cards are in your hands: contact the seller and tell him what I've just said. Explain to him that if he voluntarily pulls his relisted auction, accepts your payment, and sends you the hat, then you will not report him to eBay.

Otherwise, you'll never have a chance at the hat -- because if you go immediately to eBay and report the guy, eBay will boot him off the site forever and the hat will be gone. So take my advice: threaten him first, and see if he capitulates.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Wow, this really ticks me off. Where does this person get the idea that this kind of thing is acceptable? [huh] I really can't offer much advice except to follow the advice already given. I can send another message to the seller though and I plan on doing just that. :D I hope it all works out.

Regards,
Hollis

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the support, everyone!

I jsut sent him this message:

Petrieboss,
You sold me this hat and then relisted it. This is in violation of eBay policies and is as bad, if not worse, than a bidder backing out of a deal because they bid too much in the heat of the moment. eBay’s User Agreement state that sellers must deliver the items that buyers purchase from them.
If you do not cancel the current auction immediately and honor the one I won I will report your violation to eBay. I understand that such action will result in your being removed from eBay. You have a pretty good track record--why screw it up now?
Regards,
Tom

Stand by for further developments...

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Wow, what a bummer. Hope it gets rectified. That is one very cool Stratoliner -- love the orange ribbon against the brown. Very unique look. Good luck!!!

Cheers,
JtL

Rick Blaine

General Question About This Item

Text of my question to seller follows:

"Is this not the same hat as in last weeks' auction 110118090247 ?
'cause that one *closed* with 9 bids.
It certainly looks identical from here.
whats the story then, eh?"

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I e-mailed him too and asked why it was relisted and also told him that if he was just relisting to get more money it would be a violation of ebay policy. Heck, a flood of e-mails might bring him to his senses. I just noticed that there are over 5000 registered users on the lounge now. A few hundred e-mails might get his attention.

fedoralover

Wesne

One of the Regulars
That's a gorgeous hat, but I think if a seller pulled that kind of crap on me I'd keep my money, let him have the hat, and do my best to make sure he never sells anything on eBay again.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I noticed this one as well last night. I was one of the bidders and wasn't surprised one bit that I was out bid. But I was surprised to see it re-listed with a much higher minimum bid. Two bids indeed, he's full of it unless there were two identical Stratoliners. Go after him for sure and make him live up to his end of the bargain. Best of luck to you sir!

Cheers!

Dan

S

Samsa

And the scroundrel ADMITS that he's relisting the item, in part to "PUT A MORE REALISTIC MINIMUM BID." That's quoting from the listing itself! :rage: :rage: :rage:

That really gets my goat. If I were you, Tango, I would notify eBay as soon as you can and have him kicked off for abusing the site and taking advantage of honest buyers like yourself.

AlanC

He claims he doesn't want anyone to "miss a chance" to bid, but his auction is only a 3-day listing. :eusa_doh:

He also claims this:

SORRY ON THE RELIST HOWEVER WITH A BUSY WEEKEND AND 27 WATCHERS ... ONLY TWO BIDDERS

Yet the original auction had 7 different bidders, nine bids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany