Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I was born in the wrong era !

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
Me in my 1940 Fleet Finch 16R biplane.
We both have minor roles in the upcoming movie " Amelia"

CamAntique_6328-1.jpg

Cam_Fleet_Desaturate_6328_1.jpg

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
Cigarband said:
Beautiful aircraft Sir, but I thought the PIC (pilot in command) always sat in the rear cockpit.[huh] All my Stearman pilot friends do.:D

Quite true on most vintage biplanes.
The Fleet biplanes were different in that PIC was in the front cockpit due to a more forward c of g
IMHO a much better and logical arrangement.

thanks for the kind comments

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
kampkatz said:
Your fleet, as a rare bird, surely is hangar kept? Any full photos, perhaps in flight?

On the web, type in my airplane registration C-FDAF and you should find some pics of my yellow 1940 Fleet Finch 16r ( #4494 on sides)
Also on youtube type in "bipes" . A short film of me flying formation ,filmed from my friends red white and blue DeHavilland Tigermoth

Enjoy

Cam

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Fantastic! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Do you have a link where some of the full flight pics are? I did a GIS for C-FDAF and came up with some strange results :eek:

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
Mahagonny Bill said:
Fantastic! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Do you have a link where some of the full flight pics are? I did a GIS for C-FDAF and came up with some strange results :eek:

Just type in C-FDAF on google and you will see pics of my airplane or go to youtube and type in " bipes" to see film of me flying formation with a Tigermoth

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Amazing bird and pics. :eusa_clap
Something I really would like to do is flying in one, even on the seat for the passenger (would be the better thing, 'cause I can fly as good as Dr. Jones Jr. in Temple of Doom ;) ). Until that old PC games will have to do it, which are in their own a kind of vintage thing.

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
kampkatz said:
Thanks for the photos. You must feel like you're in paradise when you are flying your fleet. It brings out the envy in many of us single engine types.

kampkatz

From as early as I remember, I wanted a Fleet Finch biplane. Have had that goal from about 5 years old.
My Dad flew them as an instructor in the RCAF during WW2. So I heard all his stories as I was growing up.
My Dad (90yr old) gets a big kick out of his kid, 69 years later flying the same aircraft as he did.
When I bought it and brought it back to Canada from the US, I cleared customs at his old Air Base.
Flying the same type he flew years ago to the same airport ...it was a magical moment to say the least. also I personal milestone for me.
Paradise ? ....yes.... Privilaged to have the opportunity ....most definitely
I think about on EVERY flight just hoew lucky I am to be able to do this.

Fleet16b

fleet16b

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
Great shots there, Cam - now you got to get that Irvin!!!!;)
By the way - like you flyingsuit under the jacket too - which is it?

Soren

Thanks for the comments.
I just can't wait for my Irvin to arrive...weather is getting colder and by next month it will be perfect Irvin weather.
My flight suit in the pics is a modern USAF example, light weight for the warm months.( and fireproof)
However as it gets colder, I don an original 1936 pattern Sidcot Suit from my collection.
In my collection, I have two beige ones and one royal blue example.
The sidcots are fantastic and were very well designed for their purpose.
I still need a set of repro RAF gloves but the ones on Ebay are over $200 here for the straight zip type.
One the ELC B of B Irvin arrives, I plan on putting on all my flying kit and taking a few snaps for posting on the forum.

Cam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner