Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IC / FS: FREEWHEELERS BODIE BROWN SHINKI DEERSKIN SIZE 42

58panheadfan

One Too Many
IC / For Sale:

Freewheelers Bodie

Type: Bodie
Leather: Deerskin Shinki
Color: Dark Brown

Specs:
30’s / 40’s Short Sports Jacket
Lot. 2031010
3 Front Pockets
1 Inside Pocket
Waldes Zipper, Slider repl., this works
Comes with original Paper Tag
Labelled as Size 42, see Measurements

Measurements with tape (Chest on Front, Shoulder on Back):
P2P: 22.5" (57 cm)
Shoulder seam to seam: 19" (48 cm)
Back Collar seam to bottom: 23" (58 cm)
Sleeve straight: 24.5" (62 cm)
Bottom opening: 20" (51 cm)

Price: US-$ 2'200.00 + shipping US-$ 65.00 (Economy, trackable)
F&F PayPal Payment only, RRP from Resellers on western hemisphere was US-$ 2700 when realised in 2020

Note: FW doesn’t produce Leather Jackets atm. Sold out anywhere.
The market for FW leather jackets has completely dried up.

Condition:
Like new, flawless see pics

Private sale, all sales are final - thank you for your interest!

Pictures:

IMG_7046.JPG
IMG_7047.JPG
IMG_7048.JPG
IMG_7053.JPG
IMG_7050.JPG
IMG_7052.JPG
IMG_7056.JPG
IMG_7055.JPG

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
A few words about my pricing policy: I do not make any business or even make a profit from the sale of the leather jackets I currently offer. I am the first owner. My price reflects the current value on the used market. I am aware that the leather jackets I offer are not bargains. But the interested buyer knows how to appreciate the value and quality. Here is an example of what FW leather jackets are currently on the market. This was also confirmed to me by a reseller.

"We were told that they have difficulty on sourcing the finest quality thick horsehide leathers. But thin horsehide are easy to find, they don't want to lower the quality for only making more money. So they insist on only producing the best quality leather jackets but unfortunately not enough quantity with limited leathers.

So far, The Freewheelers Co. is not able to give the estimated delivery time. Unfortunately the price will increase, because the Japanese yen is so weak, all sources became more and more expensive imported to Japan according to The Freewheelers Co. Full price will be $3150 for size 36 to 42 e.g. for a Mulholland."

Last edited:

TheBigEraser

One of the Regulars
Agree with very high retail price of Freewheelers atm but it’s not true that they are not producing leather jacket now. From time to time they make jackets for Japanese retailers. Avenue just have a new stock of San Mateo.

cbez

One Too Many
beautiful coarser grain up top

deerskin can be grainy but super uniform sometimes. the grainy yoke and shoulders makes it imo.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Agree with very high retail price of Freewheelers atm but it’s not true that they are not producing leather jacket now. From time to time they make jackets for Japanese retailers. Avenue just have a new stock of San Mateo.
You are right FW is doing very small batches from time to time if they have sourced the leather they are looking for. But they don’t make a regular run atm. A big re-seller here in Europe was able to order 2 (!) FW leather jackets recently.

Edit: Due this fact new selling price will be US-$ 2'500.00 ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner