Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideal leather for spring/summer?

willyto

One Too Many
I couldn't even think about wearing leather at 20 C (68 F) unless I was on my motorcycle. I would be sweating like crazy. And at 30 C (86 F), I would have heat exhaustion. You guys just have a different constitution from mine.
I don't understand it either. Talking about jackets when being over 20ºC is just madness. I can't even wear cotton or linen ones without overheating and sweating like a pig.

Edward

Bartender
I hate to throw water on your idea, but why wear leather during the summer? I think a T-shirt would be a better alternative.

I feel naked without a jacket of some sort, and if I'm forced by the weather to go out without one it often leaves me in a foul mood. Pobably all those years wearing a blazer at school. The climate is the sole thing I miss from the old country. London is ridiculously hot for a chunk of the year.

I couldn't even think about wearing leather at 20 C (68 F) unless I was on my motorcycle. I would be sweating like crazy. And at 30 C (86 F), I would have heat exhaustion. You guys just have a different constitution from mine.

Yeah, it's gonig to vary from person to person. Most I'e ever worn leather in was 22C, but that was a very light goat Wested Raiders, and my arms sweated a lot in the satin-lined sleeves (all cotton next time!).

I don't understand it either. Talking about jackets when being over 20ºC is just madness. I can't even wear cotton or linen ones without overheating and sweating like a pig.

Linen I'm good in up to thirty-two celsius or so. Sadly tweed and leather are out for anything much above eighteen.... which I why I hate the Summer so much.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a Wested raiders jacket in goat and its good most of the year. Have you considered a good quality Denim jacket? Its good for cool nights and most hot days without too much discomfort.
Johnny

DrSugarRay

New in Town
I live in Houston and the combined heat and humidity can be unbearable at times. That said, the only ‘summer’ jacket I’ve found that works in this heat is just a ‘fashion’ jacket that I found on eBay. It’s a super thinly lined lambskin made by John Varvatos, which wouldn’t stand a chance in actual cold weather. I can toss it on in the mornings and ride my bike into work but by the afternoon there is no way I’m wearing a jacket at that point.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A-1 here (ELC) love Cape :) Temps have now just dropped into A-2 climes..time to roll out the Monarch contract & start the 'break-in' before we in the UK hit D-1 time..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy