Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideal Shoulder Width?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking at getting a vintage perfecto.. stuck buying online cause there are no schott retailers near me.

20 inches pit to pit / cross shoulders 18.5

anyone clue me in on the perfecto cut and how it would look/fit with those measurements?

I have a 37 inch chest and fit into the schott 641 tagged 36 fine. chest is a bit roomy cause it has a 21 inch pit to pit and 17.5 cross shoulder seam to seam (official schott measurements, and i also measured myself). I'll try to take a newer picture but maybe i think it feels a bit tight in the shoulders, especially now. but i could be wrong. just worried about that extra inch since i'm essentially buying blind

I know the shoulders are bugging you, but everything else about the fit looks A+.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The 641 is a weirdly cut jacket, i own one. The shoulder measurement and bottom hem measurement are very large compared to the general length of the jacket.
And even though they call it a slim fit compared to the 141 it is actually the same cut bit tagged one size down. (so size 42 641 is a size 40 141).

Basically the jacket is cut for a short stocky person, and if you are tall and slim you are going to have to make some compromises.
I had mine altered and tapered quite heavily from the pit down. Mine is also the largest jacket i own shoulder wise, but it doesn't look bad. Once the jacket starts moulding to you it will not be as obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart