Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"if I knew then what I know now"

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I'd've made my parents send me to high school.

I would have gotten in shape sooner. I am smaller now than I was at 12. I was chubby my entire childhood and most of my teenage years and it's annoying to look back on, but I thought it was just how I was.

I would have gone into the military in better shape and maybe not junked my foot so bad.

Apple Annie

New in Town
Maybe its because im too young for regrets, but i wouldnt have changed a thing. I'll probably feel differently when im 40, but i figure the moment you start to have regrets is the moment you really become old.

Silver Dollar

Practically Family
There's something I remembered today that an old friend of mine used to say. He said "If each day you do the best you possibly can with what you've got, you should never have regrets later". Thinking about it, He's right. At the time, I made the best decisions I could. the rest is 20-20 hindsight.

Foofoogal

Banned
That is definitely true. I also probably believe that because when I was young I made a few mistakes it has definitely made me very aware and I feel I have tried to do the best I could every day.
A bit off topic but years ago I had to serve as a character witness in a trial. Not sure how things are done but I definitely learned that day what you do or don't have great bearing.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Interesting Mr. Finch

At 63 now, probably many years your senior, I was of age to be dragged kicking and screaming into Mr. Johnson's war. Nowadays all that just seems like another place I worked long ago. No big deal at all. Of the people I'm around everyday I doubt 1 person in 5 have any idea that I was in the military. On the other hand, for many people I know, their past military experience is a big part of who they are.

Atticus Finch said:
I would have joined the military.

When I was eighteen, the war in Vietnam was still winding down, everyone was sick of it and nobody my age wanted anything to do with the military.

But not signing up for at least one hitch is now my single greatest regret.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy