Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I like A-2's would I like a Schott Perfecto?

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
I'm 45 years old and don't own a cycle, so for my taste I don't feel comfortable in a Perfecto. I rarely even wear black leather jackets anymore, except for one vintage Brent that looks like a Highwayman. That is just my choice however, and I have no problem with others wearing one even if they aren't a biker. I don't like the way the zipper is set off to the side on the traditional W-style cycle jacket and overall find an A-2 more comfortable and appropriate for more occasions. I owned a couple of Perfectos, and recently sold them on. They were vintage ones, which run smaller than labeled size which is good to keep in mind.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The measurements on the ad were WRONG they've been corrected by the seller after I mentioned the disparity in the pit to pit measurement. I'd like a black HH jacket BUT I don't hink the perfecto's my style. No insult to bikers intended. Thanks for the love folks.

Worf

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
A better pattern and a better value is, the "Legendary USA" horsehide leather made D- pocket Buco Pattern.
Kicks Serious ass.
The Schott has a very narrow waist, so the "Black Stallion Horsehide" is a much more modern fit, for a modern build.

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
A better pattern and a better value is, the "Legendary USA" horsehide leather made D- pocket Buco Pattern.
Kicks Serious ass.
The Schott has a very narrow waist, so the "Black Stallion Horsehide" is a much more modern fit, for a modern build.
Thanks for your input. I've been in contact with U.S. Authentic. I'll be boxing up a jacket for them to use as a pattern soon. I've dropped some pounds lately so I want to be precise as custom orders are NON-REFUNDABLE. I'lve looked at em all and I don't have the patience for Aero-Scotland nor the insane cash for Lost Worlds. I'll post pics when I get it in...

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred