Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could be born in any year

John Kirowan

New in Town
1890's to 1900 would be my choice. I would love to have seen the end of the Belle Époque, WW1 and the fall of centuries old empires, the troubles and triumphs of the 1920's and then the rise and fall of the most evil empire in history. Then by the 1950's enjoy the fruits of that era.

SurfGent

Suspended
1890's to 1900 would be my choice. I would love to have seen the end of the Belle Époque, WW1 and the fall of centuries old empires, the troubles and triumphs of the 1920's and then the rise and fall of the most evil empire in history. Then by the 1950's enjoy the fruits of that era.
I agree. 1900 would be good your age would reflect the decade. Not to intristed in things After the 80s anyhow

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'd pick 1900-1910ish era. The start of the 20th century.

If I get to choose my death, then I would die in 2010. And document the great changes that a life spanning 100 years would witness.

I'd probably go at some point in the late 1970s-early '80s if my genetics were the same, but I'm tempted to say I wouldn't mind dying around 1949-50. Save me the trouble of getting blacklisted.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Assuming that I could not change anything about myself, I cannot, in good conscience, pick an earlier birth date because I would almost definitely be making my life harder and shortening it due to diabetes.

And I can't even pick a future date because who knows when, or if, it will be cured, or a cure that exists will be released to the public. Companies that produce drugs and paraphernalia for diabetes control make billions.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to have been born in One Million & Twenty Nine Years B.C. & then I could have had Raquel Welch for my thirtieth birthday......yummy.:D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic