Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could only have one hat....

RPeers

One of the Regulars
Let us share a moment of silence for the lost borsalino... ... ... ... ...

If I had to choose a single hat I'd go with my johnnyphi stetsonian the wide brim would provide much protection and still be super stylish ;)

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Vic, I've got to see some of your not so clean hats, because the envy I'm experiencing over the perfect ones is killing me. :p
That's a real beaut. :eusa_clap

On a related note...

Similarly, though not the same...

Thanks Lefty, this was my first Borsalino...it will always hold a special place. The man who originally owned this hat was quite the dapper dan. He was married to one of the hoofers on the Perry Como Show...Beatrice Fontaine.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
Dude, it's called paragraph breaks. Try a few. Take it from an editor by trade. ;)

I only got into this two months ago and have 5 hats, so it's easy for me:

Akubra Federation IV Deluxe in moonstone from Hats Direct.

JohninFedIVDlxLB.jpg

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Paragraph breaks...yes...good ;)

Matt Deckard, gosh, my first first hats were all stolen; drunken Englishmen, if I'm not mistaken lol

One hat? Difficult to imagine, nowadays. I feel it's all too easy to fall back upon the very best hat one has, over time, acquired. Because that very best hat would not be there, if it weren't for the ...lead hats.

Whilst, therefore, the question is impossible to provide a logical reply to, I vote for the 35 year old chocolate brown Bailey cowboy hat I ripped the liner out of, glued, unglued and restitched the leather sweat of, cut the ribbon off and replace with a modern leather ribbon plus horsehair ribbon and may yet
(gosh, where's that paragraph break? lol ) impose some further alterations to.

That hat has covered my head in driving rain at the world triple-triathlon championships I assisted a participant at for 3 days and nights.

That hat was given to me, way back, by a then-time girl friend (hi Lisa! :eek:fftopic: ).

That hat is a personal statement from nasty little me to Europe; that it is perfectly possible to listen to Schubert, read Spanish literature, and like cowboy hats (not necessarily all the persons under them). But...I digress.

Paul

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
If I had to choose right now, I'm not sure I could. I know it would be one of my Art Fawcetts, but I'd be torn between the nicest and the most practical. Could we make it 2 hats???? :confused:

Nicest/Favorite;
7ffd-1.jpg

Most Practical/Second Favorite;
bd3a-1.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Not-Bogart13 said:
If I had to choose right now, I'm not sure I could. I know it would be one of my Art Fawcetts, but I'd be torn between the nicest and the most practical. Could we make it 2 hats???? :confused:
Most Practical/Second Favorite;
bd3a-1.jpg
I knew this one would be one of t hem before I scrolled down! I love that hat!!:eusa_clap

guitone

Familiar Face
I've lost count of my hats.........I think that is good. If I could only have one it would be my taupe bogart style fedora, I believe it is a Stetson, don't have the model, I love that one, have it in gray as well.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
PabloElFlamenco said:
Paragraph breaks...yes...good ;)

Matt Deckard, gosh, my first first hats were all stolen; drunken Englishmen, if I'm not mistaken lol

... I vote for the 35 year old chocolate brown Bailey cowboy hat I ripped the liner out of, glued, unglued and restitched the leather sweat of, cut the ribbon off ... That hat was given to me, way back, by a then-time girl friend (hi Lisa!).
Hmmm. I knew a guy 35 years ago who returned to Cincinnati from the West with a big, brand new chocolate brown Bailey cowboy hat. Any chance Lisa pinched it from him and gave it to you? ... Nah ... [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner