Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If You Made A Movie

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
In addition:

It would be shot in black and white, and stylistically similar to 300/Sin City, but without all the glitz. The final climactic action sequence would be completely without any sound effects or sound from dialog, with the exception of the soundtrack, which would be the Theme from Hatari, by Mancini, minus the last 10 seconds.
http://zohar79.shackspace.com/lounge/hatari.mp3

Mr. Sable

A-List Customer
WHAT would the story be AND the genre? A film noir about an out of work plumber, Bernie, coerced into a life of crime.
WHO would be the central (main) characters? see above, and add in some shady criminal types.
WHERE would it take place? Palliser City
WHEN would it take place? "In a past that never happened and a future that never will." (tm)

Depending on who the central characters are, what are their background stories if they have one? Bernie was a conscripted soldier during the Great Global Conflict helping drive the dirty Clockmakers back over the Alps before returing to civilian life in The United Provinces as a plumber. He has some unfinished business with Ham (Hammond) Doiley, the world's toughest elevator operator, and Ruby the Amazon, a hooker with a heart of ...muscle, blood and fatty tissue.

WITH classic actors/actresses and/or modern actors/actresses, WHO would you cast in the movie? Talented unknowns.

240167981_88e0882dc9.jpg

Coming soon!

dr greg

One Too Many
still got the blues

Well of course I would film my novel "Coorparoo Blues" set in WW2 Australia, with Russell Crowe as the PI, John Jarratt as the Cop, Abbie Cornish as the Dame, George Clooney as the Crooked Yank, and Denzel Washington as the Sergeant...Hollywood, are you listening?

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
dr greg said:
Well of course I would film my novel "Coorparoo Blues" set in WW2 Australia, with Russell Crowe as the PI, John Jarratt as the Cop, Abbie Cornish as the Dame, George Clooney as the Crooked Yank, and Denzel Washington as the Sergeant...Hollywood, are you listening?

thats sounds great...would definitely watch it...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Ed Bass said:
OK, Point taken. Then it would have to be Cagney (Rocky Sullivan), Pat O'Brien (Jerry Connoly) and The Dead End Kids (Angels With Dirty Faces). At the film's start Rocky & Jerry were kids on the wrong path. Mob life for Rocky, etc., etc....then the chair.

Best, Toots

yah, something like that...plus, i forgot to mention the two kids are brothers...

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Hmmm... I think I would remake Sunset Blvd with me as Norma Desmond... Question is, who would play the dead monkey...?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
First off, Lizzie Maine, I always love your ideas.

I would probably want to make a movie of Doc Savage. Randolph Scott as Doc, William Powell as Ham, Lionel Stander as Monk, John Carradine as Johnny. Man, now I wish it was already made.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Ed Bass

One of the Regulars
katiemakeup said:
Hmmm... I think I would remake Sunset Blvd with me as Norma Desmond... Question is, who would play the dead monkey...?

George W. Bush?

....on second tought, No. The part would be too demanding for him.

Best, Toots

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My movie would be the story of the most famed team in the air in WW II, Don Gentile and John Godfrey.
gentilegodfreysl.jpg
It would cover their combat history together with brief flashbacks to their previous flying experience. It would be a bio/war movie set in 1943-45 England and over the Continent. Yes lots of CGI to depict the combat sequences but plenty of the men and their personalities.
fwani.gif

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Good idear, Twitc. "My movie" OLGA could be a nice follow-up.
Actually the whole plot in my story is the checkerd nose on the P51.
That was the noseart Olga saw at the plane that killed her mother.
And only two pilots had that!
Olga did not know that - but Johnny did!
Off course my story is pure fiction - based on Godfreys biography.
But you go ahead and make yous first - I can't wait to see it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot