Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
rubyredlocks said:
I posted my new haircut in The Powder Room a bit ago and this pic of Jean Seberg was my inspiration.A few of the ladies thought the pic was of me,which is very flattering.Not exactly Golden Era,but definitely vintage.

Jean:
47b7d726b3127ccebab851b87a7e00000025109AbOXLFk0bS

Me:
47b7d706b3127ccebcedaa2e6aa600000036109AbOXLFk0bS

That's rather remarkable!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
rubyredlocks said:
I posted my new haircut in The Powder Room a bit ago and this pic of Jean Seberg was my inspiration.A few of the ladies thought the pic was of me,which is very flattering.Not exactly Golden Era,but definitely vintage.

Jean:

Me:

Very smart cut! Jean Seberg was very beautiful until the CIA (wasn't it? hallucinogens or somesuch?) fixed her up....

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
My sister has a tattoo of Rita Hayworth on her arm and people ask her if it's a portrait of her. She doesn't look like Rita but loves the complement.

I've been compaired to Rosie Perez and Mya Rudolph but no classic stars. I'd like to look like a cross between Lena Horne and Theresa Harris or Nina Mae McKinney. I think they were all stunning.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Bernard Newman said:
Don't know which Dolden Era celebrety, but some say that I look like Val Kilmer. Oh, and a drunk once called me Al Pacino, wearing my suit and hat, but he was about 17 and wearing silly hip-hop-baggy pants, I think that The Godfather was the only movie set in the Golden Era he has ever seen.
237028.jpg

So, what do you think?
Cheers, Bernard
Just randomly scrolling thru some old posts. Bernard Newman, I think you look like George Gershwin.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
carebear said:
Just remembered I have a clear photo of me in a suit. My business picture from '05 (definitely time for an update). The hair is longer and I grew the brillo pad since then, eyes remain that sexy blue. Any ideas, current or vintage?

workpic.jpg
John Cameron Swayze

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
rubyredlocks said:

Jean:

Me:

Jean Seberg or not - all I can say is: Rubyredlocks, you look fantastic with that new hairstyle. Really! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :)

zaika

One Too Many
according to myheritage.com, based on this photo:

1644431210_3b3fc789ca.jpg

i look like lana turner. mmm...OKAY. whatever you say, internets.
in real life, people have compared me to rose o'donnell. not because i actually look like her though...i think it's just the first fat celebrity they can think of. lol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Zinka

I visited her grave in Zagreb in 2004, and because the schmuck at the train station sold me dead batteries, I didn't get a picture. Ain't that some stuff?
I thought you'd like this. The Youtube link chains off to all sorts of great opera videos. You can compare ten different Vissi d'arte's, if you're given to that sort of thing.

zaika

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I visited her grave in Zagreb in 2004, and because the schmuck at the train station sold me dead batteries, I didn't get a picture. Ain't that some stuff?
I thought you'd like this. The Youtube link chains off to all sorts of great opera videos. You can compare ten different Vissi d'arte's, if you're given to that sort of thing.

psht. that happened to me before in russia. :(
oooh, yes i saw all the videos and i have spent hours in the past comparing singers. lol didn't have a chance via the link...but i think that i shall. hehe.

carter

I'll Lock Up
True Story

The last time I showed up for dinner in a turtleneck, sportscoat, and a fedora, someone said Cary Grant.

I suggested they need to have their eyes examined.
:)

zaika

One Too Many
carter said:
The last time I showed up for dinner in a turtleneck, sportscoat, and a fedora, someone said Cary Grant.

I suggested they need to have their eyes examined.
:)

i bet you felt good about that comparison though! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24