Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

Laura Chase

One Too Many
deadpandiva brought my attention to Virginia O'Brien so I was watching some videos of her singing. She is so beautiful and reminds me of Fleur De Guerre who has the same type of gracefulness.

Virginia O'Brien to the left:
meetthepeople.jpg

Fleur:
pic11.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I agree with Laura.
Fleur, please post pics in The Pin-Up thread (Powder room)! It's always a delight. Actually this goes for all the ladies.
The one above is breathtaking.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
My Heritage

I gave in to temptation and sent a pic to myheritage.com. The results surprised me; none of the celebrities I thought I resembled appeared, but other beauties I never dreamed I looked like did. The modern ones aren't as much fun. (I sent 3 different pics.)

Romy Schneider 73%
197455_largeRomyschneider.jpg

Olivia de Havilland 74%
0-1055-img006olivia.jpg

Natalie Wood 83%
4-1095-Natalie_Wood564546.jpg

I don't really think I look like them, I was just so flattered (by a computer!). It was fun anyway.

Sunny

One Too Many
There's a lady at work who always says I look like Katharine Hepburn. I don't know. [huh] It might be mostly my hair style, my height, and maybe how I carry myself. What do you think?

DSC01065-1.jpg
DSC01067-1.jpg

DSC00416-1.jpg

DSC00808_cropped-1.jpg

My hair is not red; it's an indeterminate color that's ash brown, golden brown, and red brown-blonde all at once. I think camera flashes and artificial light bring out the red. Natural light:
DSC00308resized-1.jpg

AudreyH

Familiar Face
Alot of people say I look like Audrey Hepburn, even strangers say it. I definatly always take it as a compliment seeing she is my favourite actress of all time! :D When I had long hair I used to get told I look simaler to Anne Hathaway, but people now say I look much more like and Audrey when they see me. :)

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
My first thought was Virginia Woolf, actually.

Virginia%20Woolf_02.jpg
DSC00416-1.jpg

You have the same beautiful poetic and dreamy eyes.
This is a great thread, I must remember to check it more often. :)

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Margaret Lockwood, maybe? I don't know that many golden age actresses, so it might just be my imagination ...
IMG_0369c.jpg
002a.jpg
5.jpg

And no, I don't think you look like Queen Silvia at all.
I'm Anna too, by the way, so we're namesakes ;)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:

Virginia%20Woolf_02.jpg
DSC00416-1.jpg

Oh yeah! And the nose, I love Virgina Woolf's nose, very Guinevere-esque.

MissHannah

One Too Many
AudreyH said:
Alot of people say I look like Audrey Hepburn, even strangers say it. I definatly always take it as a compliment seeing she is my favourite actress of all time! :D When I had long hair I used to get told I look simaler to Anne Hathaway, but people now say I look much more like and Audrey when they see me. :)

Audrey, you really remind me of Natalie Wood facially - it's those big eyes and heart shaped face. Whoever you may look like you're very beautiful in your own right :)

Me.jpg
Natalie-Wood.jpg

wood1.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
deadpandiva brought my attention to Virginia O'Brien so I was watching some videos of her singing. She is so beautiful and reminds me of Fleur De Guerre who has the same type of gracefulness.

Virginia O'Brien to the left:
meetthepeople.jpg

Fleur:
pic11.jpg

Oh TOTALLY!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShrinkingViolet said:

Virginia%20Woolf_02.jpg
DSC00416-1.jpg

I'm afraid.

;)

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Jovan said:
Here's a better, more Golden-Era-esque picture of me to go on.

03-21-08_2319.jpg

Not from the "Golden Era", but it just struck me that you look a lot like Leonard Nimoy, (without the "Spock" make-up, of course!):)

Sunny

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Oh, definitely! Sunny is a very Arthurian/Pre-Raphaelite beauty.
Photographs by Julia Margaret Cameron (1815-1879)
photographs_01.jpg
The%20Kiss%20of%20Peace%201869.jpg
The%20Dream-April%201869.jpg
Wowee! I never thought of that. I must point out that although my nose is long, it's not straight. :D

DSC01175.jpg

Ironically, my other period of interest is the early 1860s. Mainstream 1860s, though, not Pre-Raphaelite, although I love the style.

435181851_68bf737b2c_o-1.jpg

The20Babes20in20the20Woods-1-1.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I agree with Laura Chase and ShrinkingViolet, Sunny truely resembles all the pics SV's posted. I had no idea Virginia Woolf was such a looker! I still have no idea about terms like pre-raphaelite, though. Is that art history?:eek:

This is beautiful:
The20Babes20in20the20Woods-1-1.jpg

And this, I believe, is my favorite :) :
DSC01067-1.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
I agree with Laura Chase and ShrinkingViolet, Sunny truely resembles all the pics SV's posted. I had no idea Virginia Woolf was such a looker! I still have no idea about terms like pre-raphaelite, though. Is that art history?:eek:

Yes, darling, it was a group of English painters who wanted to go back to the time before Raphael, who they think idealized too much, put beauty over truth. So they wanted to go back to the middle-ages when painters, in their opinion, represented a more truthful view of nature and thus were more skilled craftsmen. They were quite religious. Dante Gabriel Rossetti was a sort of front person of the movement. John Everett Millais is also worth mentioning, as well as John William Waterhouse, who, although a later painter, is clearly influenced by the pre-raphaelites.

I think the movement involved some poets also, but I don't know anything about that.

Rossetti_Annunciation.jpg

Dante Gabriel Rossetti: Annunciation (1850)

Dante_Gabriel_Rossetti_-_Proserpine.JPG

Dante Gabriel Rossetti: Persephone (1874)

John Everett Millais: Ophelia (1852)

lady-of-shallot-L.jpg

John William Waterhouse: Lady of Shallot (1888)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy