Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you were told "pick one album to explain what being in love is"...

CharlesB

Suspended
...what would it be?

for me it'd have to be this gem

B000002N8T.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

S

Samsa

Can't think of a single album, unless it's a themed one like Songs for Young Lovers or Songs for Swingin' Lovers. As much as I like those albums, though, I cannot say that they represent (for me) what it's like to be in love. Songs, however...that's an entirely different story.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Either Grace by Jeff Buckley or O by Damien Rice. [huh] Not typical, not lovey-dovey, but run the length and width of all the emotions that word brings to mind for me.

Liz

Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes, no question.

On a somewhat unrelated note, it's nice to see other Magnetic Fields fans here. Stephin Merritt is my favorite current songwriter.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is not meant to pile on...

...But I cannot stress enough:

The Fedora Lounge in no way supports or encourages unauthorized dissemination of copyrighted materials.

Thank you,
HJ

pgoat

One Too Many
This is a tough one.

The one that immediately springs to my mind is the John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman LP from the early sixties. A cliche, I guess, but if you wanna go the class route, throw this on, dim the lights, make with some candles and good wine and if nothing happens, nothing ain't ever gonna happen, baby!

But I could see a lot of Beatles LPs, Joni Mitchell, Otis Redding, Buck Owens, Billie Holiday and Buddy Holly doing it as well.....

pigeon toe

One Too Many
For me it has to be Mirah's You Think it's Like This but Really It's Like This.

I think I listened to the song "Sweepstakes Prize" about 500x a day when I was first falling in love with my boyfriend. The whole album sums up my feelings for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy