Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm bummed, this pandemic went and changed my hat size!

cozy d

Familiar Face
I've had a short and sharp looking business haircut for 35yrs but the pandemic changed all that! Now I have rock star curly hair hanging down to my shoulders, which I'm having lots of fun with, BUT my hat size moved up from 7-1/4 and 58cm to a solid 7-3/8 and 59cm, and it's a real bummer because I'd spent years accumulating a collection of vintage open roads, fedoras, westerns, bowlers, etc. that I love. They all looked great on me as a 58 but with my bigger hair it just doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. Anyone been through this before? Anyone have a collection of 7-3/8 and might be looking to trade for 7-1/4? Or if you'd just like to commiserate with me haha I'd love to hear your thoughts! Cheers, D

I've had a short and sharp looking business haircut for 35yrs but the pandemic changed all that! Now I have rock star curly hair hanging down to my shoulders, which I'm having lots of fun with, BUT my hat size moved up from 7-1/4 and 58cm to a solid 7-3/8 and 59cm, and it's a real bummer because I'd spent years accumulating a collection of vintage open roads, fedoras, westerns, bowlers, etc. that I love. They all looked great on me as a 58 but with my bigger hair it just doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. Anyone been through this before? Anyone have a collection of 7-3/8 and might be looking to trade for 7-1/4? Or if you'd just like to commiserate with me haha I'd love to hear your thoughts! Cheers, D
I have the reverse issue. I have a large collection of 7 3/8" but as my hair loss accelerates I am concerned that I may drop down to a 7 1/4" if my hair loss begins to include my still current full sides. At least you have the choice to cut or not.....alas I don't have that luxury. My back up plan ala Henny Youngman is to grow out my eyebrows and instead of a combover do a lateral side sweeps to make up the differential.

cozy d

Familiar Face
I'm having the same issue. My formerly close-cropped hair would work with some 7-3/8 (I normally wear 7-1/2), but now some are a bit tight. I'm hanging on to them as, at the rate I'm losing my long hair, they may fit again.
Ha! I didn't think of that lol but I have been thinking I'll probably cut my hair back down at some point, just enjoying the mane for now!

cozy d

Familiar Face
I have the reverse issue. I have a large collection of 7 3/8" but as my hair loss accelerates I am concerned that I may drop down to a 7 1/4" if my hair loss begins to include my still current full sides. At least you have the choice to cut or not.....alas I don't have that luxury. My back up plan ala Henny Youngman is to grow out my eyebrows and instead of a combover do a lateral side sweeps to make up the differential.
Thanks belfastboy, I think I'm hearing a trend here, guess many have the reverse problem. I'm feeling a bit better now :) well let me know if you've got any Stratoliner 7-3/8 in Silverbelly that you're ready to give up on! Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto