Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm new, and I'm happy to be here!

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies and Gents of the famed "Fedora Lounge".

My name is Pete, I'm 25 and I'm from New York.

I have been reading the forums here for the past week and a half, and I've been dying to have my account activated so that I might participate and ask a load of questions that I've had just waiting inside.. (now I've forgot many and did additional reading and figured it out anyway--) BUT..

I wanted to take a moment and tell you guys how proud I am to find such a community.

Long story short, I was raised mainly by my paternal grandparents and they're 87 and 81 today. They've instilled many old school ways and values in me, and along with that came some interest in the WWII era, the clothing, the music, and the respect people had for each other. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much a kid of today and of technology, but these olden-day things are still dear to me. My dad is also big into (as am I, now) Charlie Chan, Sherlock Holmes and all the mystery films of the day, Maltese Falcon (of course), etc. etc.

I wanted to get on here so bad and start learning more and asking questions that I (embarrassingly) got impatient hahah, and I sent an e-mail to Matt Deckard @ his website and Johnny from Johnnyphi.com asking them each if they could help speed up the activation process! HAHA. Not very ethical, but damn I was dying to get in. Hope you guys don't mind that too much! Sorry for that! Now, I'm going to be buying from Matt one day when I save my pennies, and Johnny in the near future.. so I hope that can off-set anything.

I'm not sure what else to say, other than my biggest interests lie in the 30s and the 40s, double breasted suits and fedoras. Wing-tipped shoes are looking mighty nice too.

Anyway, I was blown away to see members here of the likes of HATCO, and Mr. Knapp, the guys from Bencraft, and when I found out Matt was making his own suits and Johnny was selling all these vintage hats-- I kinda fell in love with the place.

Thanks guys for making this community what it is. In fact, I went out suggesting this place on some singles site I belong to (I couldn't post on here yet so I had to share my enthusiasm SOMEWHERE. haha) and I think a few people may be here now, from my suggestion over there. The likelihood of them reading this and knowing who I am is probably nil, but welcome to you guys too, if you've figured it out!

-Pete

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
As a fellow New Yorker (da Bronx) let me be the first to welcome you!
Lots of great people, lots of good information, and lots of terrific gabs fests. Enjoy.
We have a lot of NY meet-ups, so don't be a stranger!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
As a fellow New Yorker (da Bronx) let me be the first to welcome you!
Lots of great people, lots of good information, and lots of terrific gabs fests. Enjoy.
We have a lot of NY meet-ups, so don't be a stranger!

Hey Dan - jinx! we were typing our welcomes at the same time. ;)

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
Oh, since there are pictures all around,

here's one of me..

1122071335a.jpg

Going to start doing my vintage shopping soon--- that's why I'm here, so I can ask and learn before I buy, etc. :)

NY meetups sound cool.. I'll have to read some threads, see some pics from the last few.

NY_Confidential

Familiar Face
I wanted to throw a post in here to thank Scion and Feraud for the warm welcome.. (and to get my post count up, let's not kid anyone! lol )

Scion, what's that, that you're sportin' on your noggin in that avatar? (I'm imagining that's you-- I think I saw more of your hats in other threads)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
NY_Confidential said:
Scion, what's that, that you're sportin' on your noggin in that avatar? (I'm imagining that's you-- I think I saw more of your hats in other threads)

NY-The hat in my avatar is an Adam Executive. It was a NOS I got from Johnnyphi during his auctions here last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy