Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm still logged on

/|\

One of the Regulars
I haven't been here in quite a long time. Last Autumn I was getting a new Irvin jacket, yakkin' about planes, and so forth. Then the ex-fiancée moved in and my schedule changed. Busy at work, busy at school, and day-to-day life just filled up my time.

Today I thought it was time I stopped by again, and whaddya know? I'm still logged in! I thought I'd be auto-logged-off at some point

So... Hello.

/|\

One of the Regulars
'Heylo'? I wish it were HELO! Alas, helis are a bit expensive to rent anymore. The good news is that I've been back in the air. Renewed my medical Thursday. In addition to being social with the roommate, work, Calculus, room renovation, and myriad time-wasting activities, I also need to start reviewing my ground school videos. And get more flying in the Skyhawk so I can have a Biennial Flight Review.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
'Heylo'? I wish it were HELO! Alas, helis are a bit expensive to rent anymore. The good news is that I've been back in the air. Renewed my medical Thursday. In addition to being social with the roommate, work, Calculus, room renovation, and myriad time-wasting activities, I also need to start reviewing my ground school videos. And get more flying in the Skyhawk so I can have a Biennial Flight Review.
Hey, good to know ya, the skyhawk = awesome.

/|\

One of the Regulars
Hey, good to know ya, the skyhawk = awesome.

Indeed! Last time I saw the one that belonged to my dad was 10 years ago, sitting derelict in Fullerton. I wish I could get my hands on it. I could get one in the same N-number range for $25K, and all it needs is an engine overhaul. ('All it needs is $15,000 of engine work!' :D ) Dad's old plane needs that, paint, and... much more. Still, I'd buy it for nostalgia's sake. The owner didn't answer my letters twice. Maybe eight years on he's ready to sell. Gotta pay off the car first, though. So it's rental for me!

Anyway, the Skyhawk is a jack-of-all-trades. Different planes do different things better, but the Skyhawk does them all 'well enough'. That's probably why there have been more 172s built than any other airplane ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ