Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm still not sure this was a good idea...

Sunny

One Too Many
... but I'd like to know for sure. I read up on all the "man purse" threads last week and finally sprung for this:

I'm in grad school and have been making do with a map/document/something bag I picked up at an antique mall a number of years ago. I've needed something bigger for some time. The sheer load of paper I'm having to haul around for my auditing class has made me desperate.

So what's the verdict, fellas? Steal? Dud? Or just 'eh!'?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Hey Sunny, long time no see!

I like it - it looks like it's solidly constructed too, so it should be able to handle the weight of all that paper.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a classic American briefcase design, currently only made by Atlas so far as I know (see it here, scroll down). I have it from Atlas in belting, and it will hold a lot. Very nice case--congratulations!

Post some pics of the interior.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Enviable. It looks sturdy, durable, manly.

I bought one of these.

It's Gov't surplus. I don't really carry it much because it's small and I'm a notorious pack rat.

I really like yours.

Mark

Sunny

One Too Many
Whew! Thanks, guys! Yes, it'll have to handle a lot, both in weight and in thickness; there's one thick textbook, plus two thick sets of bound notes and the book of auditing standards. I always carry a regular book with me, too. At least the notes aren't nearly as heavy as comparably-sized hardbacks.

I force myself to travel light as a rule. Otherwise I'm like a Boy Scout gone mad - prepared for everything. But it's kind of unavoidable in this case.

Thanks for the link, Alan! That looks just like it. There are three compartments, and it should open to about 7 inches or so. I think it just lacks the organizer inside. Is it just a coincidence that it's the "Traditional American Accountants Bag," and this class is Auditing? lol

I am incapable of keeping a shoulder bag on my shoulder, so I knew a briefcase was it. It's only a five-minute walk to the building, too, not a hike across town. I'd rather have a sturdy, manly briefcase!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany