Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Image request - Black fedora with silver ribbon please

Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd chime in on this one, as I just recently made a black fedora with a smoke grey ribbon that contrasts a lot, but nicely in my opinion. It's not silver, but it s a lighter grey. And, yes, I did find out that the black felt was not color fast, but fortunately it was before I sewed in the sweat (or wore it in the rain). I just soaked it in my sink for a while, all the excess dye came out, reblocked it and continued on with a lesson learned easy.
e8a7fbde6a0570a9ab9f2ec41085148d.jpg

I made a black ribbon for it as well, but like the light grey too much to replace it.

Yeah, that's pretty nice. What sort of hat was it before you reworked it?

I have a former cowboy hat I turned into a wide-brimmed (three inches or so) fedora which I frequently wore when walking my dog back at the old place. I knew it would bleed dye because it did so when I wet blocked it. Not terribly, but it did give up some color. And it continued to, as those stained raindrops dripping from the brim indicated.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
SpeedRcrX had Art make her a black felt with a ca. 1" ribbon in silverblue (light blue with silver), which is a similar idea. The blue hue somehow softens the contrast. It's yet another combination that I think works best for a woman.

In fact, Art choose the ribbon color, I just wanted a black hat, I just asked Art to put some colors to contrast a little and make a cheerful hat despite the black felt.

And of course Art delivered!

ada8418f0333785742ecc5e010b24713.jpg

6cf086df5f810380d56041223a178d81.jpg

AMGbullitt

Familiar Face
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Much appreciated. I have a vision in my head of what I think it will look like. That is why I asked for pictures.
After seeing it. I have to say I do not think it will work for me.

SpeedRcrX that is just beautiful. I think that is more along the lines of what I should consider.

-O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24