Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In pictures: modified Aero M422a, 30s HB, Stockman

Lando

Practically Family
Sir Jacket, those are some very cool jackets. Love the green knits on that custom M422a. Now I really want a jacket with green knits. Damn you lol!

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Griff, here are the full M422A specs; the 30s HB is a size 40. In most of my other Aeros I've gone for a 38 with added arm and body length.

- Size 42 M422A in dark brown oil pull horsehide
- Back length from collar seam to bottom of knit: 26 inches
- Arm length, including knitted cuff: 25.5 inches
- No bi-swing back, no false halfbelt - ie, just a one-piece back
- Leather collar (not mouton), no trapunto stitching, no throat latch, no USN lettering
- No internal windflap
- Retain under-arm gussets
- Stud fastened inner pocket in lefthand facing
- Outside pockets from the 38-1711 model A2
- olive drab B-10 knits in A2 type double weave jersey
- Antique brass aero zip
- Pure cotton lining, as on the 38-1711 (http://tinyurl.com/3phb3wq) etc with satin overlay for the sleeves
- To be made by Edith

Sir J

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The Modified M422A might have worked better for you with a bi-swing (action) back to go along with the gusseted arms underneath. I think that the combination of both bi-swing (action) back and gusseted arms is what makes my US Navy G-1 the most user friendly of all of my jackets, much less constricting than my A-2's, and even my Highwayman. I agree with what you have to say regarding the 30's HB that appears to be the best fit, if not perhaps the perfect fit, of the lot based on the photos. Which leather and thickness is your 30's HB? It is an impressive looking jacket and fit, and really looks great on you.

jps79

New in Town
I saw that you have sold your M422A.
That`s a pity as it looks great on you.
But I think you will find an alternative , soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart