Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In the Memory of Frances Langford

Hondo

One Too Many
Some memories of Frances Langford, this site is pretty cool, if you haven't seen, enjoy "The Jungle Air Force of WWII" Lt. Col. Robert B. Westbrook.

Frances Langford what a beauty, like some here born late, wish I could have known her and others Betty Grable, Rita Hayworth, Veronica Lake just to name a few, rest in peace.

http://www.enter.net/%7Erocketeer/13thwesty2.html

Frances_Langford.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I was sad to hear that she had died--she was so pretty and talented. I saw a special on the USO some time ago, and she seemed like a very nice person as well.

This era of the greats is fast disappearing—such a shame…

Hondo

One Too Many
The WWII era its soldiers, entertainers are slowly disappearing, how true, sad that we lose so many who gave so much, growing old gracefully is hard to take, some days I dream of having a “time machine� and go back, preserver its era, its stars so they never die, retain their beauty forever.
In real life all we have is tributes, books, films our time machine. I also saw the tapes of USO shows. What an era to have lived and played a part of history.
Frances Langford had a P-38 named after her, if any one has a good clear picture of the P-38 “Florida Thrush�, please share, I love nose arts.
God Bless'em all....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy