Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In the Pressure Cooker!

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I just read this thread, and it’s made me want to dig my pressure cooker out of the back of the cupboard. I got it for a wedding present the first time round, and we only used it a couple of times. It’s been sitting there waiting for some love for years now!

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I use one quite frequently, especially during fall and winter, for almost all sorts of stews I make and some other stuff like (KuK-style) goulash, roulades...

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Preparing pea stew...

full

So33

One of the Regulars
When I was single, 40+ Years ago, my Grandmother gave me one of her small pressure cookers.
When my wife took over the kitchen she declined to use it due to safety concerns.
It now stays in the back corner of the corner lower cupboard and sees the light of day every couple of years during deep kitchen cleaning.
The wifey has been using the modern version, the “Instant Pot” She likes the safety features, the quick sauté feature, and easy cleaning.
I’ve been enjoying the meals made with it weekly for the past year.
On the plus side “You Tube” is full of recipes and step by step instructions for use. MMM!

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
Huge Instant Pot fan here.

I love it for short ribs, pot roasts and any form of meats dishes that may otherwise benefit from hours of braising in the oven.

It really shines on my parmesan and saffron risotto dishes. What could take an hour plus is now 30 minutes and the results are consistently perfect.

William G.

One of the Regulars
I use a pressure cooker multiple times per week. I just haven't brought myself to buy an InstaPot when the stovetop works so well for me. Maybe if I find a good sale price on an InstaPot, I'll change my mind.

Mostly I cook beans or potatoes or rice in my pressure cooker, but Val also uses it for Ropa Vieja and shredded chicken. Also, hands down the best pizza sauce I've ever had came out of a stainless pressure cooker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ