Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

<<< incoming from Good Wear >>>

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Like all others have said - wonderful jacket and so perfectly constructed!

Hope you get to enjoy it for many years and it gives great service.

I am encouraged to hear that your wait time was less than 2 years. Seems out PNW bootmakers are getting that level of wait time now.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Like all others have said - wonderful jacket and so perfectly constructed!

Hope you get to enjoy it for many years and it gives great service.

I am encouraged to hear that your wait time was less than 2 years. Seems out PNW bootmakers are getting that level of wait time now.
Thank you very much! I was really impressed with the whole experience, from talking to John and going over the history of how he came to make this model, to receiving the finished jacket. It’s a beauty (to me).

Damon141

Practically Family
Beautiful work just great. I love his work from the pictures

One thing I love on his civilian jackets are his linings. I love how he changes them and he inspired me to do a viscose sleeve and a heavier material for the main body. I know others do this but I still have pictures saved which reflects that.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Beautiful work just great. I love his work from the pictures

One thing I love on his civilian jackets are his linings. I love how he changes them and he inspired me to do a viscose sleeve and a heavier material for the main body. I know others do this but I still have pictures saved which reflects that.
Thanks for that! I agree his lining options are wonderful.

I landed on this one as a result of seeing one of his test jackets that he had up on his site. The material is hard to describe … slippery for sure, but substantial at the same time.

I believe we said this Sunback has a cotton backing that gives it a more substantial feel … if that makes sense.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Congratulations on that work of art. What a beautiful jacket! Just for curiosity, how long was the wait?

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Could be a lighter or undyed Vicenza that he dyes himself.

Vicenza as currently used by Aero was picked/commissioned by Thurston and Good Wear, IIRC. (Himel might have been one of the buyers too, but I don't recall.)
So I reached out to John and according to him the hide he uses is from a tannery in Italy called Victoria. He met with them in 2010 and it’s the same tannery that supplies Eastman.

The Vicenza name apparently comes from Thurstons who named the HH that Aero uses which comes the same tannery (Victoria). Sounds like it all comes from the same tannery in Italy.

Hope that helps.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Looks nice. Sleeves are a little long, but hopefully they'll tunnel up a bit.

I think we're all jealous that you actually got a Good Wear... I know I am! Beautiful stuff.
Thanks a lot Jake, I’m really loving the jacket.

I’ve only been at this about 3 years now, but I’ve learned certain things along the way. One is that as much as I like the look of Shinki HH, it doesn’t really work well for me. This Victoria HH is just so easy to wear right out of the box.

I’ve been burned with so many jackets where the sleeves were too short, I figured I‘d add a bit of length to be safe. Should’ve trusted John but went ahead and had him add an extra 1/2” to the sleeves …. I hope they’ll tunnel up a touch as you said.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thanks a lot Jake, I’m really loving the jacket.

I’ve only been at this about 3 years now, but I’ve learned certain things along the way. One is that as much as I like the look of Shinki HH, it doesn’t really work well for me. This Victoria HH is just so easy to wear right out of the box.

I’ve been burned with so many jackets where the sleeves were too short, I figured I‘d add a bit of length to be safe. Should’ve trusted John but went ahead and had him add an extra 1/2” to the sleeves …. I hope they’ll tunnel up a touch as you said.
Good to learn that fairly quickly. The leather on your jacket looks quite nice anyway! You can always have the sleeves adjusted later anyway. The rest of the jacket fits spot on. Love it

mumpy

A-List Customer
Italien vic tunnels like crazy. The sleeves on my ELMC Windward are borderline on the short side now.
Yeah definitely! These are the sleeves of my ELMC Roadstar after about a week of wearing (from new):

elmc_roadstar.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner