Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Incredible" - Brown Homburg on eBay - WOW

Spats McGee

One Too Many
IMO, that ad just screams, "something's wrong." The difference between the opening bid price and the BIN, the fact that it says "beaver" in one spot and "fur felt" in another . . . My guess is that the seller may not know a great deal about hats.

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
I have a Bailey western fedora, made in Texas. About the ebay posting........I would think that for the price, it's a Chinese made hat. IF it's not, that's a very good deal, At the least the seller should be contacted to see: 1-If it's American made, 2-What the fiber is, 3 If they have any idea about the first 2 points. Happy bidding.

T Rick

Practically Family
...that's a very good deal...
At ten bucks, or at sixteen thousand five hundred?

FWIW, the links to live auctions are okay within the current rules. Many of us think it's not a great idea if it's an interesting hat (say a Stratoliner that isn't marked as one) as it may hinder our ability to pick up a good deal (or pick up the hat at all). But I think in this case it is a) not that interesting of a hat, but more interesting ad (because of the BIN) and b) VERY unlikely anyone will pay the BIN (if so, perhaps they'd like to contact me and buy some of my things? :D). And last, I think this one would also have met the old criteria of "the auction is so ridiculous that you want to show other members so that they can laugh."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24