Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indian Jones IV movie news....

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member

Personally, I think there's an excellent story to be built around an older, more grizzled Dr. Jones. He'll be wiser, less apt to go leaping off cliffs if there's a nearby elevator. They can play up some weaknesses (which have already been used for comedic effect in 1-3).
That being said, there are lots of pitfalls and audience squirming moments ahead if they just use an older, more grizzled face in close-ups and an obvious stunt double leaping off cliffs and swinging across canyons on a whip.

One thing is certain: Fedora Lounge hatmakers who do That Hat well are going to be in the chips!

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I've been teased before. I'm curious but I'll believe it when they are filming and then hold judgment until after I watch the movie.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Feraud

Bartender
I have read these news articles for a while now and am numb to the latest announcements.
Lucas has talked about doing the next film in the style of Raiders.
Here is to hoping..:cheers1:

Story

I'll Lock Up
In an interview with MTV.com, Lucas also said that the project will acknowledge Harrison's age; the actor is currently 64. In a statement, Ford said he is ready for another action-packed turn as the death-defying archeologist. "I'm delighted to be back in business with my old friends," he said. "I don't know if the pants still fit, but I know the hat will." :fedora:

Feraud

Bartender

Merlin

Familiar Face
The thought of "Indy IV" appeals to me while at the same time terrifying me.

I'd love to see another Indiana Jones film. He's one of the most memorable characters in cinema history. That said, my feeling is that they capped the trilogy almost perfectly with "Last Crusade", and if they want to bring back the character, there has to be a damn compelling reason to do so. They need to have an absolutely rock-solid script, otherwise the movie will be looked at much in the same light as the most recent "Rocky" flick.

Honestly, I think if "Indy IV" isn't the best of the series, it will, by default, be the worst.

To quote Marcus Brody, "...it's not something to be taken lightly."

farnham54

A-List Customer
Merlin said:
The thought of "Indy IV" appeals to me while at the same time terrifying me.

Agreed, but whats an adventure without a little bit of terror? As I sit waiting for the release of this film, I find myself thinking that these feelings are all very familiar--trepidation, excitement, fear of the unknown--classic pre-adventure emotions. So it's quite fitting :)

Cheers
Craig

Doh!

One Too Many
Hopefully, Lucas/Spielberg take their cues from the latest James Bond film and stay the hell away from CGI. It sure was refreshing to look at actual stuntmen and miniatures again!

Aw, who am I kidding? Indy will probably have an animated, talking camel or something as a sidekick this time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran