Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry truman hats

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Harry was always quite the dresser. He never was seen in public any way other than impeccably turned out. I think this started early on, because even tho he was a war hero in WW I, and had a tough guy image in his political career, he was a self described sissy as a young boy. This was mainly due to his thick glasses, and the fact that he was studying to be a musician until his late teens. He always ruefully referred to the haberdashery as "the shirt store".
BTW, the store was a great success for its first year of business, but after 1922, when farm prices dropped precipitously, the local farmers didn't have the bucks to spend on fancy duds any more. He was more a victim of the local economy than of lack of business skill.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Harry truman hats
I simply googled Harry Truman hats and this page popped up. You'll see the feisty President's Open Road and Panama, but also what
appears to be a Gambler style straw.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...og&sa=N&tab=wi

One Give-'Em-Hell, Harry Panama is displayed in the Kansas Historical Museum. Another is featured at the National Constitution
Center in Philadelphia as is a felt fedora of FDR's.

I am sorry and your point is?

Jeff

Last edited:

Chuck Naill

New in Town
I really like HT and think he was one of our best political leaders. I hope I get this quote right. He once said something like, "I don't give people hell, I tell them the truth and they think it's hell".... that is so true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran