Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indulgence Day

melanie

One of the Regulars
Hi Girls

I am planning a pamper/indulgence day on saturday and this is what I am going to do...

First, I will change the bed sheets, so that when I get into bed that night, I am sleeping in nice fresh linen, which is something I really love, I adore the smell of line dried linen. :)

I will have a bath, put my Boots OBF bath oil under the running water, to turn my bath milky white and turn my skin baby soft.

In the bath, i will give my face a good cleanse and exfoliate, then I will put a face pack on, and lie back and relax in my steam scented room.

I'll then give my hair a good wash and condition, wash my body, get out, and lather OBF body cream on.

Then, I will set my hair in pin curls, tie a pretty scarf around my head, come downstairs, and have a facial steam, so that my skin is really clean, then I shall put my OBF rose vanishing cream on my skin and feel wonderfully refreshed.

I will then come in the sitting room, pop a Marilyn Monroe dvd in the player, and watch that while grooming my eyebrows and painting my nails, and I shall spend the rest of the day eating indulgent foods, watching 40s and 50s films, and searching the net for vintagey things, bliss. :)

What do you do on your indulgence days?

MissHannah

One Too Many
Honestly if I have a day where I don't have to do anything (which is rare, right?!) my favourite thing is to just stay in bed listening to radio dramas - preferably crime. I'll get up to make myself the odd cup of Earl Grey and maybe munch some biscuits, but I love dozing, drifting in and out of sleep and the freedom of not worrying I should be here or I should be doing this, that and the other...

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Melanie, your indulgences sound delightful! I'm kindof with Hannah on this one though - I spend so much time getting things done that I kindof prefer to just lay around doing nothing and watching movies with the cat on my lap and a cocktail in my hand. And for my really rare indulgence time, I actually prefer to have someone do some of this stuff for me - painting my nails and other similar tasks can get frustrating! For me it's much more satisfying to have someone give me a facial, manicure or do my nails - although those things are rare indulgences because they are cost prohibitive :(

One thing I did experience at home lately that was absolutely amazing, but very odd - a company called Athena's (who sell "novelties" at home parties for women) has a bath product called Gel'n Bath. When you put it in your bath, it turns into thousands of tiny gel beads. They retain heat better than water and have this weight and feel on your skin that is blissful and indescribable. It's quite expensive - $24 for one use, but for those special indulgence days, you may find it worthwhile!

Edit: Also, here is a thread that touches on a similar topic that you might find interesting - it's not about grand Indulgence Days, but those small little day to day luxuries - http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=37012

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
If I have a day all to myself, with nothing I have to get done (this never happens), I love to sleep late, then lounge around in my jammies. I like to eat whatever I have at home that requires no effort - cheese and crackers, raw veggies and hummus, a glass of wine are all lazy day favorites.

Then I like to put on an old movie, one I've seen a million times so I don't actually have to watch it, in the background, curl up on my comfy couch with a blanket and a book, and let the world forget about me.

Eventually, I'll rouse myself and go take a hot bubble bath that uses every last drop of hot water, do my bathing and grooming, then sit and get prune-like until the water is chill. After I resemble a wrinkly raisin, I'll wrap myself up in a giant velour robe, and resume my comfy couch/book activities.

In the extremely unlikely event that I get sick of doing nothing (gasp!), I will dig through my pattern and fabric collections, respectively, and begin, or finish, a project.

Realistically, though, this weekend will be spent transporting parrots for the rescue I volunteer with, and watching the World Cup finals with my man. I'll remind him of the laziness I'm missing out on by accompanying him ;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
This may sound ridiculous, but when I really want to feel Indulged, I iron my sheets. There is nothing better in all the world than curling up with a good book on a rainy night between crisp, freshly-ironed cotton sheets.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I like to go to a drop-in dance class or take my dog to the mountains or one of the dams.

As for bathing, I take a 10-minute shower and give my dog a 10-second rinse with the hose. We'd both rather have a day of dirt, sweat and fun than primping.

Smuterella

One Too Many
I like to spend the whole day knitting and watching films. i spent a day on my recent two week staycation watching back to back Poirot and crocheting a capelet.

velvetongue

Familiar Face
On my indulgent days I like to play post-apocalyptic first person shooter games or RPGs. Any escapist video game which takes one's mindset away from reality always works. If I get bored with that, I'll return to whatever vintage pattern I'm sewing at the moment.

melanie

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
This may sound ridiculous, but when I really want to feel Indulged, I iron my sheets. There is nothing better in all the world than curling up with a good book on a rainy night between crisp, freshly-ironed cotton sheets.

I totally agree :)

melanie

One of the Regulars
Smuterella said:
I like to spend the whole day knitting and watching films. i spent a day on my recent two week staycation watching back to back Poirot and crocheting a capelet.

I love doing this too, I am going to start crocheting a snood tonight and continue it tomorrow, on my indulgence day :)

MarieAnne

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:

Do you use a regular sized ironing board? I get so frustrated trying to iron large items. I would like to get/make some sort of ironing table. But maybe I just need to organize my ironing space better.

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
An indugence day for me equals movies, reading a book (music playing softly in the background), doing a little sewing or drawing, a hot bubble bath at any point during the day, maybe a little baking (or a candle that smells like I did) and padding around the house in freshly washed/dried pyjamas and soft, fuzzy socks (I have a few pair I love to wear after walking around all day...they are so comfy).

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
velvetongue said:
On my indulgent days I like to play post-apocalyptic first person shooter games or RPGs. Any escapist video game which takes one's mindset away from reality always works. If I get bored with that, I'll return to whatever vintage pattern I'm sewing at the moment.

I am strange... I love video games but I prefer to watch people play them. These types anyway. I looove Bioshock with a horrible passion but have only watched walkthroughs and don't actually play it myself... :eek:

As far as indulgent days go... I like to pamper myself. Although I like bath salts and baths there's only one bathtub in my house and it's in my mom's room and I don't think she appreciates me being in there for an hour! lol I do put a facial on and laze about for a bit, usually getting stuff ready. Then I will take a shower and rinse it off and shampoo/condition my hair and when I get out I will put lotion on and then I will try (and fail usually) to set my hair in rag curlers. Then I will either watch an old film on netflix or I will watch one I actually own on DVD (These aren't many). Sometimes I'll indulge myself completely and pop a bag of popcorn... and get some chocolates... When I finish my "snack" I'll file and paint my nails and paint my toenails.

I love being pampered even if I have to do it to myself! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy