Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Kiltie, I do not know what part of Texas you are in, it is my experience that most true cowboys could care less what someone else is wearing. Fashion is not what it is all about. Function is of much more importance. I know, depending on what task was to be done, made a difference in what hat I would wear.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
DanielJones said:
On the USS Pampanito
DR003.jpg

I like the look, alot. I had wondered how a vest like that would look with a fedora. :eusa_clap

My next hat :)eusa_doh:) is going to be an Akubra Federation. Then on to a VS.

Jerekson

One Too Many
This is definitely going to be the most interesting story of the four films, no doubt there...

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Awesome!

:eusa_clap

Thanks so much for the link, RBH! As one who owns a hat made by Steve Delk, I can attest to how awesome it is. It makes me feel proud that he was chosen to make the hats -- and as mentioned in the video, he indeed a great guy.

Kinda disconcerting though, how much better Harrison Ford looks in his at 65 than I do at 38!lol

RBH

Bartender
Simon82 said:
:eusa_clap

Thanks so much for the link, RBH! As one who owns a hat made by Steve Delk, I can attest to how awesome it is. It makes me feel proud that he was chosen to make the hats -- and as mentioned in the video, he indeed a great guy.

Kinda disconcerting though, how much better Harrison Ford looks in his at 65 than I do at 38!lol
Its almost as if the hat was made with him in mind.:D

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
My brand new AB!!! Well, one of them...

I've been waiting for what seems like forever to post my own AB somewhere! I just visited COW to show off, now here I am! This is my new ToD, purchased from Nevada Jones, that arrived today. It was looking a little frumpy when I pulled it out of the box, so I gave it a good steaming (sans liner), and shaped the crown until I got something I liked. The front is lacking in stiffener unfortunately, so I couldn't get the pinch as stiff as I would like it. Perhaps when Steve is less busy I can send it his way for a Raiders job (and maybe a downsizing; it's a little loose). What can I say, when a brand new AB comes up for grabs you take it, no matter what film/scene it's modeled after!

Adventurebilt
2252021528_1ff7506dd5_o.jpg

Adventurebilt & Akubra Fed Dlx 1:
2251225277_4eba978f71_o.jpg

Adventurebilt & Akubra Fed Dlx 2:
2251225377_713f5443ba_o.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.
Regards, Andy

HalD

New in Town
Converting a Riverina - ironing a ribbon

While I realize an Akubra Riverina is never going to bash and look like a tall crown Indy hat, it still looks a heck of a lot better with a sharper and deeper pinch in front and a new 1.5 inch wide dark brown ribbon. The Riverina crown has quite a bit of taper though and the ribbon needs to be ironed into a tapered curve. Does any one know how to go about doing that?
Cheers,
HalD

indycop

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
When did you send it, and when do you expect it back?
I sent it before Thanksgiving and he said he would have it back in a month.I have talked to him since and he has been busier than he expected and said end of Jan. I will email him again at the end of this month and see if I am getting close.:(

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
HalD said:
While I realize an Akubra Riverina is never going to bash and look like a tall crown Indy hat, it still looks a heck of a lot better with a sharper and deeper pinch in front and a new 1.5 inch wide dark brown ribbon. The Riverina crown has quite a bit of taper though and the ribbon needs to be ironed into a tapered curve. Does any one know how to go about doing that?
Cheers,
HalD

Check this out :) :

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=26168

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
I sent it before Thanksgiving and he said he would have it back in a month.I have talked to him since and he has been busier than he expected and said end of Jan. I will email him again at the end of this month and see if I am getting close.:(

Dang, dude, that really sucks! Sounds to me like Steve needs a business partner here in the states to help out! I think I'll wait to get my 2nd AB before I send this one down to Mississippi!

HalD

New in Town
New ribbon

JT; thanks for the tip - I searched, but couldn't find that particular thread.
Now to try "swirling" my ribbon.
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou