Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy hat post em up

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
cooncatbob said:
720152201_dd4901ab47.jpg

I hate snakes, Jock. I hate 'em.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Not a nut, but I do have a Fed and a Wested

I've had an Akubra Federation for around three years - it's swell. This photo (with lambskin Wested jacket, of course) was taken back when it was newly bashed: it's developed a lot more character since then, and in particular, the brim has much more dramatic swoop now.

smalhat3.jpg

HANSOLOJONES

New in Town
Yes another gearhead here. I have posted these before.(need to take new pics!!),The Hat is a Federation Deluxe.Anyhoo, here they go......

*images deleted by request*

fatwoul

Practically Family
BJBAmerica said:
...I think one of the things mine needs is a little more upturn to the brim on the sides...Looks a little too flat to me.

Well, the COW crowd would tell you that really, the brim needs to be pretty flat. ;)

I've been working the brim of mine in my hands a little, just rolling it back and forth in the direction I want it to go. The felt seems quite accommodating if you are careful and patient.

RBH

Bartender
WOW! Great response on this thread.
By all means post the HJ's, really that is where the Indy style started.
Thanks everyone for posting photos.
J.T. I love the looks of your hat. I was hoping to have postings of the non-traditional style of 'Indy' hat. By that I mean an adventure type hat that we now usually compare to a high crown wide brim fedora.

RBH

Bartender
Great photos Douglas!
The 1st photo really captures the spirit that I think Indiana Jones holds for most of us. Adventure, excitment and a little bit of 'what the hell do I care',

By the way what hat is in the 1st photo, I like it!

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
J. M. Stovall said:
The thing about Douglas is that man really knows how to wear a brim! Always different, but always him! :eusa_clap

Agreed, Douglas' hats HAVE TO BE the envy of the lounge......Every hat he has looks like it was custom made specifically for him....Bravo, Douglas!!

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you gentlemen.
BJ, Matter of fact these four were custom made for me;)
RBH, The first hat is the second Adventurebilt. Brown body and Gray ribbon with a slight center dent. It doesn't look like this now though.
J.M. for me the only way to wear a hat is with confidence.If you believe you look good everyone else will too and if they don't well its there problem. People can tell when you are unsure about what your wearing so being comfortable whith what you have on is key and not caring about what anyone else thinks.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas, your hats are great and your pics are near works of art. I'm amazed at the variety of backgrounds you come up with. Curiosity is getting the better of me. Have you counted the number of pieces in your collection, lately?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At one point I thought about 500 but after going through everything that number seemed excessive. Probably In my life time if I counted every hat I have lost or sold or gave away it might be around 500 but without counting it may be somewhere around 250 +/-. Many I don't wear often like Military or the cowboy/western. I do have some great western hats. I got to show those some time.:eek:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The first two are my PB straw.
Hat09.jpg

Disney3027.jpg

This one being the one that RBH has so perfectly used for his avatar.

This one is my Camptown 1936 Fieldmaster.
In Lori's Diner, San Francisco
DR001.jpg

On the USS Pampanito
DR003.jpg

Douglas, so far my favorite of yours is the Adventurebilt that Marc made for you. I remember one particular shot that you posted when you first got it that gave you the look of a German Physast. Or was it a master spy?;) If you still have that shot, please share.
In any case good show.

Cheers!

Dan

fatwoul

Practically Family
DOUGLAS said:
...People can tell when you are unsure about what your wearing so being comfortable whith what you have on is key and not caring about what anyone else thinks.

That's some good advice, Doug, and I think applies to pretty much anything someone is happy wearing, regardless whether that is a fine lid, or a 6'6" guy walking about in a frilly pink party dress.

(By the way, I'm not that guy. I mean, I'm nowhere near 6'6"... :eek: )

DanielJones said:
The first two are my PB straw.
Hat09.jpg

Normally, I would be hesitant about getting a straw, but after seeing that one I may have to rethink. Thanks Dan.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Dan.....There's that FANTASTIC straw again.....Man I'd love to have one of those....You and RBH have a couple of SHARP LIDS there, I love 'em!!!

Just about the coolest straw I've seen......Douglas' excluded, of course!! ;) :eusa_clap

fatwoul

Practically Family
DanielJones said:
No problem! RBH has a few posted of this particular straw in another thread & someone over at COW has one in white that looks rather sharp as well...

See, maybe that's my problem. I don't think a white hat would suit me, no matter what its made of. I think that's why this darker straw appeals to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum