Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy Jones Fedora from Herbert Johnson

Zane

Suspended
Hi Paladin, I am Gladhatters now. They indicate if you do not find any one else to reblock your hats, that if you contact them, they will make the arrangements to do so for you.

Zane

Suspended
Paladin, to clear up my earlier post, I will actually reblock your hats as a courtsey if you wish and Gh will just stand behind the work and sew your trim back on. You can send them to me or Gh. Pm me if I can help here and I will answer you when I get back home.

I am sorry for the continued nusiance post from some members that seem to like to create problems rather than be helpful. I should be home with in the hour.

Paladin

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Sharpetoys--Since I'm down the highway from Peter Bros in Austin, I might take a hike up to Ft. Worth and bring a few hats with me. When Joe Jr. was there, he did an Indy for me. Now that he and Jimmy are gone, do you know who does their work? I may bring up my PB Indy too and see if they can deactivate some of the stiffener in the felt. But I'd like to be there for the re-blocking of the HJ Indy to make sure it's what I want. I'll make an appointment.

Zane--thanks for the offer, it's appreciated. I may take you up on that. Looks like he does some great work over there with his wife, and I might consider doing a custom down the road. First I need my Montecristi fix. I'll PM you.

Paladin

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Michaelson--you the same who runs Obi Wan? If so, do you have any input on the new PB Indy Borsalino vs the PB Indy Custom? I have the custom and want to have the stiffener deactivated if possible.

Michaelson

One Too Many
I don't run it, no, but yes, I am the Michaelson who seems to be there all the time. (grins) I can talk about the two you mention, but you may want to take this 'offline', as I'm sure folks here don't really want to read about the Indy line offered at PB. Drop me a PM here, or at COW, and we'll 'chew the fat'. Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
I don't run it, no, but yes, I am the Michaelson who seems to be there all the time. (grins) I can talk about the two you mention, but you may want to take this 'offline', as I'm sure folks here don't really want to read about the Indy line offered at PB. Drop me a PM here, or at COW, and we'll 'chew the fat'. Regards. Michaelson

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Zane Wrote
I am sorry for the continued nusiance post from some members that seem to like to create problems rather than be helpful. I should be home with in the hour.

I hope you don't think i'm a nusiance. You are the one that made the post. Hi Paladin, I am Gladhatters now.

I think i asked a very important question.

Zane

Suspended
Hi again Sharptoyes. You certainly are not a nuisance. you are to sole source or entertainment for so many in fact. I cannot imagine how any forum could survive without your valuable input in fact.

Remind me again please now what was your important question here I seemed to over look it completely . In the mean while I will answer your less than important one. You were correct as always about the typo.

I just wanted to thank you yet once again for your valued following of my post and any corrections you may offer to clarify them . You sir are a true gentleman. It certainly is a good thing to continue to add such fine tributes to ones personality and life so some many years from now when we face deaths gloomy day at least we will all have an eloquent speaker to say such fine words about the awesome life we have strode and troubled ourselves with to be the fine humans we would have others believe we are.

I am always taken aback with your desire for the whole story as well and certainly am glad you are willing so supply a generous portion of it at all times and your allowing others to complete it for you.

Again I commend you, your fine hats , your handsome stature and your generous contributions to the hat world at large.

May your good deeds get the proper reward as all deeds do.

Zane

Suspended
Sir comming from a man that I consider the standard kindness is set by, I thank you for your comment.

To me a person that devotes his life to helping others to have a harmonious life such as I understand you have done certainly shows true kindness that words alone will never express.

You are a shinning example of the explimary person we could all strive to become.

Paladin

One of the Regulars
Hey, I'm I know I'm the new guy around here...but I think my diabetes is kicking up....and I never had it before! Woa, where is this stuff coming from??

rayk

Familiar Face
Zane, you've been given a couple of great sources of fine umbrellas, but neglect of James Smith & Sons would be, indeed, regrettable. For my money, James Smith & Sons offers as fine an umbrella as can be had...the style, quintessential British and the construction, ultra fine. Contact them at:

James Smith & Sons Ltd
Hazelwood House
53 New Oxford Street
London WC1A 1BL.
Telephone: 44 (0)20 7836 4731

I anticipate travel to London prior to the end of the year. I've found a new Savile Row tailor (well not new, but new to me) whose work I'm very interested in, and hope to have an opportunity to give him a try. If you find something that you might like at James Smith...or Swaine Adeney Brigg , just let me know and I'll try to pick it up for you while there.

Zane

Suspended
Rayk, I have just opened the site you sent me and I very definitely hope to afford a nice umbrella for a friend by then and possibly two
and keep one for myself.

I can see that by the outer appearance of the handles alone these are truly fine umbrellas. I had honestly never knew where the fine umbrellas you see on TV came from but always knew the ones in the USA for most part were lacking.

Paladin

One of the Regulars
I'm sure John Steed shops regularly at either one of the sites we've recommended for his fine unbrellas. Now all you need is the bowler....and Mrs. Peel, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic