Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy Magnoli - Earthquake?

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Heads up.

Apparently, New Zealand was hit by a 7.8 earthquake today. Does anyone know if our own Indy Magnoli of MagnoliClothiers.com is okay?

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
Thanks for the concern! To be honest, I didn't even realize there was an earthquake until I received an e-mail from someone this morning. I asked my wife about it and she felt it last night (she was in bed reading), but I was running around the house doing a few things, so didn't even notice it! :eek:

Thanks again!
-Indy

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
[OffTopic] Wow, I had no idea you were a New Zealander Indy, though I did think it was strange there was a NZ phone number on your website lol

Really cool that your based locally, I'll definitely be placing an order with you in the near future! [/OffTopic]

Lucky the earthquake was centered where it was, it was the same strength as the 1931 Napier quake. If it had happened in a densely populated area like Wellington it would have been catastrophic. Thankfully this one occurred in a fairly isolated part of the country.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bruce wayne said:
i would call him but phone lines are probally down.

bruce wayne said:
do you have a time that the quake hit?

I'd be willing to be all that information would be on the news reports on that Internet thingie that Al Gore invented... ;)

But glad to hear that the earthquake wasn't hear Indy, and all's probably [HOPEFULLY!] well.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I believe the quake was around 9:45pm NZ time (which would be 2:45am Pacific time).

By the way, I am an American, my wife is a Kiwi, but I've put down some pretty deep roots here, so I'm not moving. ;)

Kind regards,
Indy

Talbot

One Too Many
Glad you are safe. Here the authorities are congratulating themselves on how well the advance warning system worked. This is a hot topic right now given the recent fires.

No public warning on TV, radio or SMS, although I heard that the government radio station mentioned it in news reports. I understand some people on Lord Howe Island were avacuated to higher gound.

Perhaps the warning is escalated to the public if it develops into a full blown Tsunami.

Glad I'm on high ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW