Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inside pockets: yes or no?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
If you ride you want the inside pocket on the right side where Vanson puts it. If you have to use the inside pocket while riding you don't have to take your hand off the throttle !!
hmm yeah, interesting idea for bike with automatic drive

with clutch lever though, it is better for your left hand pulling the clutch maintaining gliding speed, and right hand off the throttle to do things momentarily without the need to shift the gear to neutral.

so they need to have inside pocket on both sides:D
besides, interior pocket bags are the nice invisible entry points when your jacket need some repairing work done (loose stitches, replacing or adding eyelets, snaps, or studs)

Last edited:

nightandthecity

Practically Family
Thanks for the photo! That helps me to understand the problem much better.
I've just had a quick look at my 1st edition, well-used ELC "Luftwaffe" which shows no print through at all after nearly 30 years. The pocket is clearly constructed differently to the one on my Royale. The ELC pocket is a much simpler design, made in such a way that there is less welting and the leather trim is much flatter. So part of the problem would seem to be the way Aero constructs these pockets.

Reactions: jbp

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
Some of us don't like inside pockets because it would affect the snug/slim fit of the jacket. As much as I would like to look good, I think utility is equally important. Though, I tend to overload the inner pockets with stuff because I feel they are a lot safer in my jacket than my jeans!

Reactions: jbp

Edward

Bartender
Have them on most of my jackets. Never had a problem with 'show through', though that wouldn't bother me anyhow. Used to want two, now I prefer just one, on the right breast.

Inside pockets? Definitely YES, please! (especially for my sunglasses-etui) :)

Two inside pockets, like usual on massmarket mens-jackets? YES! :)

Even both pockets with zipper? OH DOUBLE-YES!! :):)

31472187ve.jpg

31472188ma.jpg

31472189cj.jpg

31472190sy.jpg

Additional, deep and versatile breastpocket.

Hooray to premium-storebrands! :D

I think we are talking about leather jackets which may be subject to show through a print or inside pocket shape on the outside leather shell of jacket after the inside pocket has been in use for awhile.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
84e35b2cb3d45fe28d28b38095f536c5.jpg

This is how my 30’s half belt looks like after a year of almost daily wear. There is an inside pocket on the same side as the chest pocket. No “printing” from what I can tell, only a pronounced vertical crease right at the edge of the chest pocket and inside pocket (they overlap).

I would not be bothered if it did print to the outside. An inside pocket is too useful to me to not have it in a jacket (except maybe if you have useful cargo pockets you could do without the inside pocket).

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner