Insurrection / Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Nathan Flowers, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros. Sponsoring Affiliate

This Thedi Shawl Collar feels exactly right for fall weather--the shawl collar leaves room for a scarf and the button front can be fastened with just a button or two for a casual look. We offer the Shawl Collar in two versions--button-up or zip-up, and patch or handwarmer pockets. With our custom process, you can choose the combination you like and pair it with your choice of leather and lining! We also have a fantastic selection of Zip-Up and Button-Up Shawl Collars in stock right now, plus more coming through production this month. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to order your Thedi Shawl Collar!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/thedi-featured-stock

Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 front.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 tan lining.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 back.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 button.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 cuff.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 bottom hem.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 patch pocket.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 back seam.jpg Thedi Shawl Collar Black Buffalo THS9 side strap.jpg

2. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

This beautiful Size 54 Vanson Daredevil in EH20 Cowhide is off to its new owner in Illinois! The Daredevil is a slimfit jacket but can be custom made to fit a variety of sizes. This 54 is proof positive that the Daredevil looks superb in any size, including 50+ sizes! Keep in mind that a Daredevil made from Bainbridge, Vancouver or EH20 requires absolutely no break-in. You can achieve a slim silhouette while remaining completely comfortable!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-vanson

Vanson Daredevil for Pat Front.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Back.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Open Red Plaid Lining.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Tag.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Chest Pocket.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Cuff.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Bottom Hem.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Key Pocket.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Rear Shoulder.jpg Vanson Daredevil for Pat Yoke.jpg

marker2037 and davyjones007 like this.
  3. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

We wish everyone a safe and happy Labor Day holiday!

Labor day image.jpg

4. ton312

ton312

Happy Labor Day to you as well Carrie!

5. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Here's a style that you'll always wish you had hanging in your closet when cooler weather rolls back around--the Aero M422a! We're shipping this beautiful custom jacket off to its new owner in Chicago today. We love the M422a in Aero's Seal Goatskin paired with a Dark Brown mouton collar. Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to get fitted for the M422a or any of our military styles!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Front.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Open.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Back.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Tag.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Pocket.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Bottom.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Cuff.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Left Shoulder.jpg Aero M422a Goatskin LN45 Right Shoulder.jpg

6. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Our Cedar Bainbridge leather is a thing of beauty right out of the box! This Vanson Gambler is headed off to its new home on the East Coast—a perfect fall color to wear as the temperature starts to cool. You can check out more photos in the jacket listing on our Vanson Stock page—

https://www.thurston-bros.com/collections/vanson-featured-stock

Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Front.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Back.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Open Cafe' (Tan) Lining Liner.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Shoulder.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Cuff.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Pocket.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Chest.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Left Shoulder.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Arm.jpg Vanson Gambler Cedar Bainbridge Size 44 JN88 Lower Back.jpg

7. Stunning with great character..!!

8. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Gosh, I just love the look of nice goat hide.

9. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

10. Very nice color and style.
    I just love my two Thedi jackets in buffalo. Really nice hide and finish.

11. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

12. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

This is an impressive level of grain and character on this custom Aero Board Racer in Battered Tan FQHH! We offer a wide variety of leathers in colors and finishes so you can create the jacket of your dreams! Contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve a fit jacket and start your custom order. We'll send you a beautiful stock jacket along with leather and lining samples as part of our stress-free fit process!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH CV7 Front.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH CV7 Back.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH CV7 Inglis Ancient Tartan Lining.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH CV7 Tag.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH CV7 Upper Back.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH CV7 Lower Back.jpg

13. Sockeye

Sockeye One of the Regulars

Spectacular. I wonder how this ages? Does it become more uniform with time?

14. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

The color variation comes from the dramatic pull-up effect on this leather. This color variation will remain, but the dark and light areas will change over time.

davyjones007 likes this.
  15. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

ah brother, this forum got me spending money already and I didn't even know it went beyond hats. My first love is leather jackets, so I'm in trouble now. Ain't going to lie, I've got a 50th Bday coming up in about 14 months and I"m eyeing a couple jackets. That B-6 Redskin and one of the Racers (probably Buco Broad, but need to spend some time going through the differences) are on my list. We'll see how the year finishes up as I'm sure it's been a crazy ride for most of us.

Going to spend the next few days reading through every post on this thread so I can get myself educated. But I'm in.

16. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

If you look at the pictures of the jackets Carrie posts, you will spend a lot of money. She has some fine hides. I intentionally stay away from this thread. The only reason I opened it this time is that I saw your name and wasn't familiar with it. Now back out of the thread immediately.

BTW, Welcome to the Lounge. PC

17. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

The fall's just getting started! Stay tuned...we have a lot more to show! :)

18. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

oh boy. For someone who lives in Los Angeles, I have way too many jackets already. But it's my downfall. I'm literally wearing a Schott James right now in bed with boxer shorts to start breaking it in because I got it mid summer on crazy sale and want it ready.

I'll hit you up soon with some sizing recommendations so I can keep an eye out for any in stock stuff, but definitely eyeing the Board Racer, Sheene, and/or the B-6. That maple Oxford Vanson sure looks purdy too :D . I'm 6'0, 185 lbs, prob. 43 chest, 33/34 waist. Most of my Schott's (118, 141, 519, James) are large or size 40 as I like it on the slimmer side. Can almost fit into a medium with just a tshirt, but the chest is still a little tight.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  19. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Uh-oh...you are exactly Wade's size and he does a lot of the stock jacket ordering here :cool:

20. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

sounds like Wade and I are going to have a showdown. 10 paces, choose your weapon.... :D
    From what I gathered poking around last night, seems like on the Sheene I'd be a 42? Is that right.
    On the Board Racer, the same or 44?
    And on the B-6, I'm assuming on that style jacket, you're looking for more of a regular fit, not slim.