Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Luftwaffe Style Jacket

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Purchase Assessment #1

I've had the chance to put on my new Leather Paradise Luftwaffe Fliegerjacke and assess it's quality and value.

Here is what I think. The item was listed along with (3) others for $199.00 each. I made an eBay offer of $150.00 and it was accepted within 24hrs. I paid immediately with PayPal. The item arrived UPS within 5 days of payment.

Having looked over the jacket and considering the price I paid, it is comparable to jackets I have looked at in department stores at the same price. The leather is pliable and the color even. All the stitching is complete and lined up nicely with no loose ends. The zippers are sturdy - there are nine of them on this jacket (4 sleeves, four front, one main center front). The inner 3M 'Thinsulate' lining snaps out and all of the motorcycle safety padding is removable from their respective positions - each has it's own pouch sewn into the jacket which closes with velcro. Besides the four front pockets, there are two convenient inside pockets (which I always appreciate and use on my other jackets).

With the Eastman's and Noblehouse's priced out of my practical range at this time, I just cannot complain about the price of the Leather Paradise jacket or their willingness to accept my offer. That was a flawless transaction! Nor can I complain in any regard about the quality of the jacket itself - again within the range of prices of seen for jackets at retail - none of which had the Luftwaffe style to them.

Gent's (and ladies), I can say that I am 100% pleased with my purchase as it stands. I hope to "weather" it somewhat so that it looks well flown. I will need some assistance with that 'Big Hairy'!

So if you were thinking about an inexpensive but nicely done Luftwaffe Fliegerjacke, I would recommend this one - for the price it fits the bill very nicely, thank you very much!

-dixon cannon :eusa_clap

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
^^ thanks for the frank review. Now I'm really tempted. If I didn't just buy a vintage Excelled cafe I'd be all over this.

The padding and zippered vents are actually a plus for me.

Mind posting pics of the jacket? Want to get an idea of fit...

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Ok, weathering. Basically, the thing to watch out is that the color is "painted" on and the leather underneath is dark/black or mixed. The color comes off a bit rubbery, so "too much is too much" if you try anything abrasive. Also with lanoline/grease treatment, the paint doesn't let the grease "through" as readily as tanned hides do.

Basically I did mine the "old way" - put it through a washing machine, slept in it (sounds perverse but works). The arms do contour, but it depends if you want the look or not, I found mine originally too stiff and the jacket chest puffed up funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy