Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Intro and Fed IV Question

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
A great hat for under $100...

October2009004-2.jpg

christphil

New in Town
Thanks for the pics Daizawaguy. The side by side between the cut-down Stylemaster and the Whippet basically shows me that I should go with the Whippet or Hampton.

Furthermore the majority seem to suggest that if I cut-down a Fed IV the look will become unbalanced.

I only wish the Whippet and Hampton were readily available in more colors. Seems that all the interesting colors are custom order only. Though I do see that Strand Hatters has the Cruiser Grey Hampton in stock. Maybe I will give them a try.

elvisroe

A-List Customer
I tried on the cruiser grey Hampton at the Strand a couple of months back and can vouch for its awesomness. Really nice ribbon colour, soft felt, great little hat. Strand Hatters are not the cheapest place around but they stock the best range of 'town hats' in Sydney.

I've had my order in with Santa for a while now...15 days to go!

carldelo

One Too Many
christphil said:
Thanks for the pics Daizawaguy. The side by side between the cut-down Stylemaster and the Whippet basically shows me that I should go with the Whippet or Hampton.

That was going to be my suggestion reading the thread - I'm actually having a hard time telling any difference between the Whippet and Hampton. Both have 48mm brims and fairly wide ribbons, but come in different colors.

As far as Stetsons go, I have 4 and they are good hats. If you like a 2" brim you might look at the Saxon - it's a nice lid and the felt is thicker and softer than Akubra, but costs more. PS check Bencraft for the Saxon, they offer a Stetson coupon until the end of the year.

christphil

New in Town
elvisroe said:
I tried on the cruiser grey Hampton at the Strand a couple of months back and can vouch for its awesomness. Really nice ribbon colour, soft felt, great little hat. Strand Hatters are not the cheapest place around but they stock the best range of 'town hats' in Sydney.

I've had my order in with Santa for a while now...15 days to go!

Could you describe the ribbon color on the Cruiser Grey Hampton? I can't tell from the online picture. Is it black, dark grey or the same color as the hat?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
carldelo said:
I'm actually having a hard time telling any difference between the Whippet and Hampton. Both have 48mm brims and fairly wide ribbons, but come in different colors.

Exactly same block I believe - same hat, but different colors - or so has been confirmed by Hatsdirect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou